EMUI 8.0 builds, based on Android 8.0 Oreo has been rolling out to range of Huawei and Honor devices. The Huawei Mate 10 is the latest company device to get the taste of Google’s latest OS. Apart from the EMUI 8.0 features, the latest B144 Oreo update for Mate 10 also brings GPU Turbo technology, Face Unlock, optimizes mobile data network stability and screen recording feature. It also includes July 2018 security patch for improved system security. We’ve already discussed what’s new in EMUI 8.0. This is not a post about that but about how to install the Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 on Huawei Mate 10.
The latest firmware update for Huawei Mate 10 brings the build version ALP-L09C432B144 (220.127.116.11) and is rolling out via OTA for both ALP-L09 models in Europe. Users can manually check for updates from the path Settings > About phone > System updates > Check for latest updates. In case, if you haven’t received the OTA update and wanted to experience the latest Oreo firmware right away, then here we have a simple guide on how to install Huawei Mate 10 B144 Android 8.0 Oreo EMUI 8.0 Update.
Before taking to the installation process, let’s have a quick overview at the details of the Huawei Mate 10 Oreo firmware update.
Firmware Information –
- Device – Huawei Mate 10
- Model – ALP-L09
- Android Version – 8.0
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B144
- Build Number – ALP-L09C432B144
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- This firmware can be installed only on Huawei Mate 10 ALP-L09. Don’t try to install on any other Huawei/Honor device.
- Make sure to uninstall the Huawei ‘HiSuite’ application from your PC. It may interfere with script running.
- A complete backup of all your device is highly recommended. This will help you to restore the data if any data loss occurs to your device.
- Charge your device to at least 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off in between the update process.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC/Laptop.
First things first, flashing software on your phone yourself can be a bit risky. It probably won’t void your warranty but it could send you to the service center. In most cases flashing the original stock firmware almost always restores a device. Nevertheless, you must own up to it in case things do go south. HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Download Huawei Mate 10 B144 Android 8.0 Oreo EMUI 8.0 Update
1. Download B141 Oreo Update for Mate 10 ALP-L09C432B141 –
2. Download B144 Oreo Update for Mate 10 ALP-L09C432B144 –
Steps to Install B144 Android 8.0 Oreo EMUI 8.0 Update on Huawei Mate 10
1. Firstly, you need to unlock bootloader of your Huawei Mate 10 smartphone. You can follow our guide on how to unlock bootloader of Huawei phones.
2. Download HWOTA8 Package (HWOTA8_Mate10_2018021601_new_magisk.zip)
3. Download all the necessary firmware files from above download section and rename the “update_data_full_public.zip” file to update_data_public.zip and the second data file “update_full_ALP-Lxx_hw_xx.zip” to update_all_hw.zip.
4. Now you need to transfer all the three files into “HWOTA8_Mate10” repack directory.
5. Run repack.bat to patch three zip files.
6. Next, you need to boot your device into Fastboot mode. To do so, turn off your device and then press Volume Down + Power buttons.
7. Run ota.bat in HWOTA8_Mate10 OTA directory and follow the on-screen instructions.
8. The device automatically reboots and flash the firmware.
Note: If your device enters into bootloop, try to enter into recovery mode and perform “Factory Data Reset”.
That’s the quick tutorial to download & install B144 Android 8.0 Oreo EMUI 8.0 Update on Huawei Mate 10. For any queries, drop a comment below.