Top News! Today, Huawei has started rolling out a new firmware update to the Huawei P9 Plus. It is the much awaiting Android 8.0 Oreo based EMUI 8.0 update which brings several new features and performance improvements. It is currently rolling out to VIE-AL10 variant of the Huawei P9 Plus which brings the build number VIE-AL10C00B520 and version 220.127.116.110.
The latest Huawei P9 Plus B520 Oreo update is based on Huawei’s latest custom skin dubbed as EMUI 8.0. It gives a whole new experience with refreshed UI and design. The EMUI 8.0 update also increases the device battery and improves the system security. As the update is pushed via OTA, the Huawei P9 users can follow the path Settings > About Phone > System update to check for OTA updates manually. Huawei has released the Oreo update in a phase-wise manner. So, one need to wait at least a week to hit their respective P9 Plus smartphones.
Just, in case if you don’t want to wait for the OTA update and wanted to experience the firmware right away, then do check the following guide on how to download and install Huawei P9 Plus B520 Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 firmware VIE-AL10.
Huawei P9 Plus B520 Android 8.0 Oreo EMUI 8.0 Firmware details –
- Device: Huawei P9 Plus
- Model No: VIE-AL10
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Firmware: B520
- Build Number: VIE-AL10C00B520
- Region: China and Asia
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Oreo update: 18.104.22.1680
- The following firmware can be installed only on Huawei P9 Plus with variant VIE-AL10. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei/Android device.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings. You can also check how to enable USB Debugging on Huawei phones.
- There should be enough battery level on your device to complete the installation process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before starting the flashing procedure.
- Download and Install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC /laptop.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the update process. Proceed at your own risk.
Download Huawei P9 Plus B520 Android 8.0 Oreo EMUI 8.0 Firmware
Guide to Install Huawei P9 Plus Oreo Firmware
Download update package from above links to your device storage. Now you need to unzip the firmware package and transfer the entire dload folder (with UPDATE.APP in it) to the root directory of the microSD card. Next, refer the below button for a step-by-step guide on how to flash B520 firmware on Huawei P9 Plus.
Still not able to update? Then you can check our alternative guide to update your device to latest firmware –
- Huawei Firmware Finder: Best tool to Download Latest Stock Firmware for Huawei Devices
- How to Install Official Huawei Firmware with HuRUpdater