Install Stock Firmware on any Huawei Phone: Flashed Custom ROM on your Huawei smartphone and wanted to revert back to stock firmware, then here we have a simple guide which lets you flash stock firmware on any Huawei EMUI phone using TWRP Recovery. The same guide can also be used to update your device to latest firmware.
Huawei users simply need to download stock firmware .zip files and flash it through TWRP custom Recovery. It is a simple process and users can follow with ease. Previously, we have also shared tutorial to flash stock firmware on any Huawei smartphone or tablet using the Card Update method. You can also follow that method to update your device.
- This guide is compatible with compatible with most of the Huawei EMUI phones including Honor 7X, Huawei P20, Huawei P8 Lite, Mate 9, Huawei Enjoy 6, Huawei Ascend Mate 7, Honor 10, Honor Holly 3, Honor 8 Pro and more.
- You need to unlock bootloader of your Huawei device, if you already unlocked then skip this step.
- The battery level on your device should be 70% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the process which may even result in a brick.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed. You can follow our guide on how to flash TWRP on any Huawei device.
- Enable USB Debugging and Developer options on your device.
- Perform backup of all your important data including SMS, Contacts, Media, App data, etc. to a safe place.
- Take a full backup of your current ROM.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
How to Install Stock Firmware on Huawei EMUI phones using TWRP
1. Firstly, download official stock firmware from below link to your device storage.
3. Now you need to boot your device into TWRP recovery. Doesn’t know how to do it, then follow our easy guide on how to boot Huawei phones into TWRP Recovery.
4. Go to recovery main menu, & tap on ‘Install’. Here you need to browse for update.zip and perform ‘Swipe to Flash’ at the bottom of the screen.
5. Now Again go back without rebooting your device –> Click Install –> Browse for the second data file name and install it.
6. Once done, select “Reboot System”.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Stock Firmware on your Huawei / Honor EMUI phone using TWRP recovery.