Huawei has started rolling out the latest build update B370 for Huawei P9 Plus smartphone. It brings the firmware Android 7.0 Nougat which is based on company’s own skin EMUI 5.0. It is a stable update being rolled out via OTA. If you’re one among those who want early access to the firmware before any of your friends does, then you’re at the right place. Here we’ll guide you on how to install Android Nougat EMUI 5.0 firmware on Huawei P9 Plus.
The Huawei P9 Plus was announced last year alongside the P9 running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. After a regular Nougat beta updates, the company has finally released stable build B370. Without much ado, follow the below steps to download & install Android Nougat EMUI 5.0 firmware on Huawei P9 Plus. Also EMUI 5.0 Tips, Tricks & Hidden Features.
Before we take you to the installation process, below are the list of pre-requisites you need to take care of, and they are as follows –
- This guide is compatible only with Huawei P9 Plus smartphone. Don’t try to flash on any other Android smartphone.
- As the process undergoes wiping internal storage, it is essential to perform backup of all your important data.
- Ensure the battery percentage on your Huawei device is more than 50% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the update processes.
- Install USB Drivers on your PC.
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5.0 firmware on Huawei P9 Plus:
1. Firstly, download Android Nougat firmware from the link here to your computer and extract the same.
2. Connect the device with PC using a USB cable and copy the extracted file to root of the SD card. Make sure to copy it under ‘dload’. If there is no such folder, then you need to create now.
3. Disconnect the device.
4. It is now time to begin the flashing process. To start, simply switch off your phone and then press and hold Volume up + Volume down + Power keys together.
5. This will now begin the installation process.
Now, once done with the installation, the Huawei P9 Plus automatically reboot into normal mode.
How to Install the CUST File:
1. Download the CUST file to your computer and extract it.
2. Now you need to delete the previous update.app from the ‘dload’ folder and copy these new ones.
3. Once done with the above step, you need to switch off your device and then start the installation process by pressing Volume up + Volume down + Power keys simultaneously.
4. On a successful installation, the device will automatically boots into new firmware and you’re all set to experience it.
Note: The first boot might take longer than usual. So, it is advisable to keep patience and wait.
In case of any queries or issues with the above procedure, do let us know in the below comments. Don’t forget to share the post with your friends on Facebook and Twitter using the below social networking buttons.