If you’re a Huawei P10 Lite user, then you will be happy to hear that the company has started rolling out new Nougat based EMUI 5.0 firmware. The new update brings the version B123 and is currently released via OTA. If for some reason still you haven’t received the update or if you have installed any custom ROMs previously and wanted to go back to stock firmware, then you can follow our simple tutorial and update your Huawei P10 Lite to latest firmware.
It is a minor update which brings performance improvements and bug fixes to the device. The Android version after the update remains the same i.e. Android 7.0 Nougat. Without much ado, follow the below steps to install B123 Android Nougat based EMUI 5.0 firmware on Huawei P10 Lite.
Related: How to Root EMUI 5.0
- The first thing to ensure before starting the flashing process is that the device which you trying to install firmware is a Huawei P10 Lite.
- Make sure to create backup of all your important data which can be restored if any data loss occurs.
- Also, make sure that you have at least 50-percent battery left before beginning the installation.
- Enable USB Debugging and Developer options from device Settings.
- Download EMUI 5.0 firmware for Huawei P10 Lite from HERE.
Update Huawei P10 Lite to the new Nougat based EMUI 5.0 firmware:
1. Firstly, you need to download the firmware file from the above link and save it to your device SD card storage.
2. Make sure to save the file under ‘dload’ folder. If there is no such folder, you need to manually create in the root of your SD card.
3. Turn-off your mobile.
4. Now you need to hold the volume up + down + power keys together for a few seconds to start the installation process.
5. Wait till the flashing process is completed. On a successful finish, your Huawei smartphone will automatically reboots into the new firmware.
Note: The first boot takes ample of time as it has setup everything. Hence we suggest you to keep patience and wait.
For any king of issues or queries drop a comment below, and also, stay tuned to Huawei Advices for latest Huawei news and firmware updates.