Unlocking Bootloaders is the first thing Huawei/Honor users need to perform before trying to root or install TWRP/CWM custom recovery. As we all know, most of the OEM companies ship their smartphones with locked bootloader and the Huawei is one among those in the list. No need to worry about as here we have shared complete steps to unlock bootloader of any Huawei EMUI smartphone.
The first important step of the unlocking process is to obtain a 16-digit bootloader unlock code from Huawei official website. It is a simple process and every users can follow it easily. So without much ado, follow the below guide on how to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei & Honor phones.
- Unlocking the Bootloader of Huawei/Honor device voids company warranty. The service center may deny a repair under warranty if your device has bootloader unlocked.
- Huawei Advices should not be held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the unlocking procedure which is uncertain if you follow steps accordingly.
- The process will erase all your device data, so perform complete backup of all your important data including photos, videos, app data, contacts, etc.
- The charging level on your mobile should be more than 80% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the unlocking process.
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ and ‘OEM unlock’ option from Setting > Developer option. To enable Developer Options, go to About Phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Install Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to get Bootloader Unlock Code
1. Firstly, you need to create Huawei ID from this page. (If you already have an Huawei ID, you have to skip step 1 & 2)
2. After filling necessary details, an activation link will be sent to your registered Email address. Tap on the link to activate your account.
3. Go to code request page and login to your account with necessary Huawei ID and Password.
4. Accept the general unlock agreement.
5. Fill the necessary details about your model like IMEI Number, Serial Number, Phone model, and Product Identification Code.
6. You will get the Unlock Code. Make sure to save the code safely as it will be needed for unlocking bootloader.
Unlocking the Huawei EMUI Bootloader
For unlocking bootloader of Huawei or Honor smartphones, you need to follow the below steps one after another –
Step 1: Download & install Minimal ADB & USB Drivers on your PC.
Step 2: Turn of your Huawei device and boot into Fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down + power keys until a logo is appear on your screen.
Step 3: Take a USB cable and connect the device with PC.
Step 4: Go to ADB and Fastboot installation directory and open the command window there by pressing and holding the ‘Shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that ADB folder.
Step 5: Give the following command:
fastboot oem unlock unlock code
Step 6: Replace the unlock code with the code you got in the above steps.
Step 7: Tap on Enter to confirm the flash. Wait for a while till the flashing process is completed.
Step 8: Once done, type “fastboot reboot” to restart the smartphone into normal mode.
That’s it! Your device bootloader has been successfully unlocked. You’re all set to root your device and install custom ROM/Recovery. If you have any queries regarding the above procedure, do comment below.