Augmented Reality stickers or AR Effects is the new feature introduced by Google to its ‘Pixel’ series smartphones. With this AR Effects, one can place 3D digital objects inside the camera viewfinder of your Android device. None of the latest Huawei phones comes with this cool feature. But there is no need to worry about as here we have a way to add AR Effects to the EMUI 9 Camera on any Huawei & Honor device.
How to Enable AR Effects to the EMUI 9 Camera on the Huawei & Honor devices
AR stickers are mainly for fun with your friends. These effects also lets you change your face or the background picture. All credits goes to XDA Senior Member “Pretoriano80” for developing a Magisk Module that brings AR Lens features to the EMUI 9 Huawei camera application. It has been tested on Huawei Mate 10 Pro and works fine. It is also said that the module could also works with other Huawei & Honor devices running on EMUI 9.0.
To get AR stickers on your EMUI 9 Huawei / Honor device, you need to unlock bootloader and root your device with Magisk then install “AR Lens enabler” module by following the below tutorial. Once installed, you should find the feature in the ‘other’ section of the Huawei camera application settings. Do follow the below guide to Enable AR Stickers to the EMUI 9 Huawei Camera.
- Your device should be running on EMUI 9.
- Make sure to unlock bootloader of your device. You can follow how to Unlock Huawei Bootloader.
- Install Magisk and Magisk manager on your device (Complete Guide).
- HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device.
Download AR Effects for EMUI 9.0 Huawei & Honor devices
1. Download AR_Effects_Huawei_camera_EMUI9.zip file from above links and copy it to internal storage to the magisk folder.
2. Launch the Magisk Manager app.
3. Select Module and then tap on ‘add’ icon located at the bottom of the screen.
4. Navigate the AR_Effects_Huawei_camera_EMUI9.zip file which you have downloaded in step 1.
5. Once done, reboot device.
6. That’s it! To use the AR Effects, open Camera, navigate to the ‘Other’ section and select the “AR” tile.
If you face any difficulty during installation of AR Effects to your EMUI 9 Camera, do leave a comment below! Also, do check our EMUI section for more tips & tricks.