Huawei Mate 10 Pro is one of the first company devices to get the taste of Android 9.0 Pie based EMUI 9.0 Beta as well as stable update (currently released only for China). Those who have already installed Android Pie beta/ stable firmware might be looking to rollback to Oreo due to facing any issues like Lag, battery draining quickly, or any other reason. For all those users, here we have simple guide to Downgrade Huawei Mate 10 Pro from Android 9.0 Pie EMUI 9.0 to Android Oreo EMUI 8.0.
Downgrading Huawei Mate 10 Pro to Oreo is a simple procedure where users need to download the Rollback file from the below links and flash it via Dload / HuRUpdater tool. Make sure to backup all your data present in the device as downgrade back to Oreo erases everything.
Android 9.0 Pie is Google’s ninth iteration of mobile operating system. It brings several new features over Android Oreo including gesture-based navigation, New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual Theme selection, Android Dashboard (Digital Wellbeing) and more other features. In addition, the update also brings EMUI 9.0 features like new SmartCare AI learning, Password Vault, GPU Turbo 2.0, Wireless universal screen projection through Miracast, Multi-task-switching between each app, HuaweiShare, and more.
Rollback Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Model: BLA-L09 / BLA-L29
- Android Rollback Version: 9.0 Pie -> 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Rollback Version: 9.0 -> 8.0
- Status: Official
- Type: Rollback firmware Package
- This downgrade procedure is compatible only with Huawei Mate 10. Don’t try on any other Huawei/Honor model.
- There should be enough battery level on your Honor Mate 10.
- Rolling back to Oreo firmware may lose all your device data. So, it is advisable to perform backup of all your important data.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download necessary downgrade tools, drivers and firmware files.
- HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download Rollback Firmware Files:
Download the following rollback firmware files based on your device model –
BLA-L29C10B140 (126.96.36.199) – Asia
BLA-L29C432B156 (188.8.131.52) – Europe
BLA-L09C432B156 (184.108.40.206) – Europe
BLA-L09C45B123 (220.127.116.11) – Tigo, Latin America
Steps to Downgrade Huawei Mate 10 Pro from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo
To downgrade Huawei Mate 10 Pro from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo, do download the above Oreo firmware files based on your model and choose any one of the following method to flash the firmware.
In case, if you still not able to downgrade your Huawei Mate 10 Pro to Oreo firmware, then follow this guide: Download & Install Firmware on any Huawei phone via Huawei Firmware Finder.
I hope the above tutorial was helpful to downgrade Huawei Mate 10 Pro from Android 9.0 Pie to Android 8 Oreo. For any kind of issues or queries, feel free to comment below.