Honor 6X users will be happy to hear that the Honor 6X can be updated to Android 9.0 Pie firmware via OmniROM. The OmniROM is an Android Pie based custom ROM developed under AOSP project (Android Open Source Project). This ROM brings several key features to the device including Flippable Quick Settings, Roadrunner mode, Mulit-mode, Daydream enhancements, and more. To enjoy this OmniROM, all you want to do is follow the below steps carefully to download and install Android 9.0 Pie firmware on Honor 6X.
The Honor 6X was announced back in October 2016 running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. The device later received Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. The Honor 6X packs with some decent specs including a 5.5-inch FHD display, an Octa-Core Kirin 655 SoC, and a 3340mAh battery support. Other features of the device includes a 12MP + 2MP rear camera, 8MP front camera, 3GB/4GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage and a fingerprint sensor on the rear panel.
Without much ado, checkout the below pre-requisites and then we’ll directly take you to the step-by-step guide on how to update Honor 6X to Android 9.0 Pie firmware.
More to read: Huawei Android 9.0 Pie EMUI 9.0 Update – List of Eligible Devices
- This Android 9.0 Pie based OmniROM is supported only on Honor 6X [BLN-L21, BLN-L22, BLN-L24, and BLN-AL10]. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei/Honor device.
- There should be at least 75% battery level on your device to perform the flashing procedure.
- Make sure Huawei USB Drivers are installed on your device.
- Download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool.
- This procedure undergoes factory reset, so we advise you to perform backup of all your important data.
- Your device should be running on stock EMUI 8.0 with stock recovery installed.
- Enable USB Debugging from settings.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlocked.
Disclaimer: Flashing of custom ROM voids company warranty. We should not help responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing procedure.
Download Android 9.0 Pie based OmniROM for Honor 6X
Download Android Pie GApps Package
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie based OmniROM on Honor 6X
1. Download the Android 9.0 Pie based custom ROM from above to your PC. Make sure to rename the file to system_img_name.
2. Transfer the ROM file to ADB & Fastboot folder.
3. Connect your device with PC using a standard USB cable.
4. Next, launch Command Window through ADB folder. To do so, you need press SHIFT key and right click anywhere in the ADB folder. Select the option ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Command window’.
5. Once the Honor 6X is successfully connect with PC, you need to enter the below command to start flashing the OmniROM.
fastboot flash system “system_img_name”.img
6. It will take few minutes for the flashing to complete. Once done, you need to enter the below command to reboot your device.
7. Before the device boots-up to OmniROM, you need to perform factory reset. To do so, you need to press & hold Power + Vol Up at the same time for a while till you see Huawei/Honor logo on the screen.
8. Next, tap on “Wipe data/factory reset”.
9. Reboot System. Enjoy!
I hope the above guide was useful in updating Honor 6X to Android 9.0 Pie based OmniROM. Leave a comment below if you find any difficulty during the installation procedure.
Source – XDA
Is this method tested or what?
BLN-L21 don’t have emui 8….