In this post, we’ll guide you to download and install Android 9.0 Pie bases AOSP ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. The device was launched in January 2017 running on Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box.
Google’s 9th iteration of mobile operating system called Android 9.0 Pie is out and is already rolling out to Pixel and all other devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program. As it is a major update over the previous Android Oreo, it brings several new features and performance improvements. A Gesture-based navigation system, Slices, Digital Wellbeing, App Actions, better security, improved battery performance, etc. are some of the highlights of Android 9 Pie firmware.
If you’re a Huawei P8 Lite 2017 user, then you can experience the latest Android 9.0 Pie firmware before its official release. Users simply have to download Android Pie based AOSP ROM and flash it via TWRP recovery. It is a simple process and every user can follow it easily. All credits goes to XDA recognized developer/contributor Askuccio_DROID for its efforts in developing the ROM.
To remind you, Huawei P8 Lite sports a 5.2-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixels screen resolution and is powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 655 SoC. On the storage front, the device includes 3/4GB of RAM and 16/64GB of internal storage which can be further extendable up to 256GB via microSD card. It has a 12MP rear camera, 8MP front camera, and a 3000mAh battery support.
- This firmware can be installed only on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (prague). Don’t try to install on any other Huawei/Android phone.
- Charge your phone at least 70% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the processes.
- Take a backup of all your data to a safer place. This can be restored if any data loss occurs.
- Unlock bootloader of your Huawei P9 Lite. Check how to unlock bootloader of any Huawei phone.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- TWRP recovery should be installed on your device (Complete guide).
Disclaimer: Flashing of custom ROM voids company warranty. We should not held responsible for damaging or bricking of your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Download Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Android 9.0 Pie Firmware
How to install Android 9.0 Pie update on Huawei P8 Lite 2017
1. Download the Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP 9.0 ROM and GApps package from above and move to internal storage [root folder].
2. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP Recovery.
3. Now you need to perform factory reset. To do so, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
4. Now follow the guide on how to install custom ROM using TWRP Recovery.
5. Once done, you need to flash GApps in the same manner.
6. Reboot system.
7. Done! Start enjoying Android 9.0 Pie ROM on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017 smartphone.
Root Huawei P8 Lite on Android 9.0 Pie
In case, if you’re interested to root Huawei P8 Lite 2017 on Android 9 Pie, then do download and install Kingoroot on your phone.
Alternatively, users can also download and install Magisk for one-click root.
Hope the above guide was useful in upgrading your Huawei P8 Lite device to Android Pie. For any queries, do comment below!