Huawei P9 Lite users can taste the latest Android 9.0 Pie update with the help of AOSP 9.0 ROM. It is an unofficial custom ROM that brings several new features based on Android 9 Pie. Read on to download & install Android 9.0 Pie update on Huawei P9 Lite.
After the rollout of four beta updates of Android P to supportive devices, Google finally named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. The stable version is already released to various Pixel as well as devices that took part in the Android P beta program. Huawei still doesn’t announce its list of devices getting Android 9.0 Pie update. Until then, AOSP 9.0 ROM is the best option to enjoy the features of Google’s latest operating system. All credits go to XDA developer/contributor Askuccio_DROID for his efforts in developing the ROM.
Although the latest Android 9 Pie brings several new features over its previous Android Oreo, the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features include Adaptive battery and brightness, App Actions, Slices, Improved Security features, Digital Wellbeing, New Accessibility menu, New Screenshot Shortcut and more.
You may also like – Huawei Android 9.0 Pie EMUI 9.0 update – Release Date, Eligible Devices
- This firmware can be installed only on Huawei P9 Lite (VNS). Don’t try to install on any other Huawei/Android phone.
- Charge your phone at least 70% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the processes.
- Take a backup of all your data to a safer place. This can be restored if any data loss occurs.
- Unlock bootloader of your Huawei P9 Lite. Check how to Unlock Bootloader of any Huawei phone.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- TWRP recovery should be installed on your device (Complete guide).
Disclaimer: Flashing of custom ROM voids company warranty. We should not be held responsible for damaging or bricking of your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Download Huawei P9 Lite Android 9.0 Pie Firmware
How to install Android 9.0 Pie update on Huawei P9 Lite:
1. Download the Android 9.0 Pie-based AOSP 9.0 ROM and GApps package from above and move to internal storage [root folder].
2. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP Recovery.
3. Now you need to perform a factory reset. To do so, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
4. Now follow the guide on how to install custom ROM using TWRP Recovery.
5. Once done, you need to flash GApps in the same manner.
6. Reboot system.
7. Done! Start enjoying Android 9.0 Pie ROM on your Huawei P9 Lite smartphone.
Root Huawei P9 Lite on Android 9.0 Pie
In case, if you’re interested to root Huawei P9 Lite on Android 9 Pie, then do download and install Kingoroot on your phone.
Alternatively, users can also download and install Magisk for a one-click root.
I hope the above guide was useful in upgrading your Huawei P9 Lite device to Android Pie. For any queries, do comment below!