Good News! Huawei Mate 9 is company’s another smartphone to get support of Android 9.0 Pie based Lineage OS 16 ROM. The ROM is developed by a XDA Recognized Developer micky387 so all credits goes to him. As this Android 9 Pie based Lineage OS 16 ROM is still under development mode, users may encounter bugs and issues after flashing this ROM on their Huawei Mate 9 device. Without much ado, follow the below steps to download and install Android 9.0 Pie update on Huawei Mate 9.
Android 9.0 Pie is a major update of Google’s Android OS bringing several new features and performance improvements. Some of the top features of Android Pie includes a new Gesture-based navigation system, Slices, Digital Wellbeing, App Actions, better security, improved battery performance and more.
To remind you, the Huawei Mate 9 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5.0 out-of-the-box. It sports a 5.9-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display and powered by an Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 processor coupled with Mali G71 Octa-Core GPU and 4GB of RAM. Other features of Mate 9 includes a 20MP + 12MP rear camera, 8MP front camera, Dual-SIM support, Fingerprint sensor and a 4000mAh battery.
- This ROM can be installed only on Huawei Mate 9. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei/Android smartphone.
- There should be enough battery level (70% or above) to perform this update procedure.
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable Developers Options and USB Debugging on your Mate 9 device.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlock. Check how to unlock Bootloader of any Huawei phone.
- Take a complete backup of all your important data including Contacts, SMS, Media, Mails, Apps Data, etc. to a safer place.
Disclaimer: Huawei Advices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your Huawei Mate 9. Proceed at your own risk.
Download Android 9.0 Pie for Huawei Mate 9
Lineage OS 16 ROM – Download
Android 9.0 Pie GApps Download
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie based Lineage OS 16 on Huawei Mate 9
1. Firstly, download the Lineage OS 16 and compatible GApps package from above links to your device storage.
2. Now you need to install TWRP Recovery on your Huawei Mate 9. Read how to install TWRP Recovery on any Huawei phone.
3. Once installed, you need to turn off your Mate 9 device and boot into TWRP Recovery.
4. From recovery main menu, Wipe Data, cache and Dalvik cache.
5. Next you need to tap on Install and select the Lineage OS 16 ROM zip file which you have saved to device storage in Step 1.
6. Swipe to confirm the flash! [Guide to Install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
7. Once done, you need to flash GApps in the same manner.
8. Reboot System!
Root Huawei Mate 9 on Android 9 Pie
In case, if you’re interested to Root Huawei Mate 9 on Android 9.0 Pie, then there is no need to look around. Here below is the simple guide to Root Huawei Mate 9 on Android Pie.
Download and Install Magisk root on your phone.
Alternatively, users can also install KingoRoot to root their Honor device.
That’s the simple guide to update Huawei Mate 9 to latest Android 9.0 Pie firmware via Lineage OS 16 ROM. Do comment below for any kind of difficulty during or after the flashing process.