Google’s latest Android 9.0 Pie OS is out and it’s rolling out to range of Pixels and Android One smartphones. In this guide, we’ll help you to download and install Android 9.0 Pie Update on Honor 7X.
It is an unofficial Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP ROM bringing most of the official Android P features. Some of the top features of Android 9 Pie includes the Gesture-based navigation system, new Quick Settings UI design, Digital Wellbeing, better battery performance, Slices, Redesigned volume slider, and more. Honor 7X users need to download the ROM from below and flash it via TWRP recovery. It is a simple process and every Honor 7X user can follow it easily. Before we take you to the flashing process, let’s have a quick overview at the specifications and features of Honor 7X.
The Honor 7X was launched in December 2017 starting for Rs. 12,999. It packs a 5.93-inch Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with minimal bezels, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor and has a 16-megapixel rear camera with a 2-megapixel secondary camera along with an 8-megapixel front camera. It runs Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5.1 out-of-the-box. It has 4GB of RAM and comes in two storage variants – 32GB/64GB which can be extended up to 256GB via microSD card. There is a 3340mAh battery on the back which provides juice to the device.
You may also like – Huawei EMUI 9.0 Android 9.0 Pie Update – Eligible Devices, Release Date
- The following ROM can be installed only on Honor 7X. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei/Honor smartphone which will result in a brick.
- The battery level on your device should be at least 70% to perform the flashing procedure. If not, charge it now.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data. You can check how to backup any Huawei phone.
- Unlock the bootloader of your device (Complete Guide).
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your device.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your Honor 7X. Read how to install TWRP on any Huawei phone.
Disclaimer: Flashing of custom ROM voids company, sometimes also results in a brick if doesn’t executed properly. Huawei Advices is not responsible for any damaging or bricking of your Honor 7X. Always, proceed at your own interest.
Download Honor 7X Android 9.0 Pie Update
Honor 7X Android 9 Pie based AOSP ROM – Download
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie Update on Huawei Honor 7X
1. Download the Android 9.0 Pie AOSP ROM and GApps package from above links to you device internal storage.
2. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery. To do so, you need to press and hold Power + Volume down button simultaneously.
3. Once you’re in the recovery main menu, you need to perform factory reset. To do so, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe Once done, follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
4. Once done, follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
5. Similarly, you need to flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps on your Huawei Honor 7X.
6. Wipe cache and dalvik cache again
7. Reboot System
8. That’s it! You’re all set to enjoy the Google’s latest operating system i.e. the Android 9.0 Pie.
Root Honor 7X on Android 9.0 Pie
In case, if you’re interested to Root Honor 7X on Android 9.0 Pie, then there is no need to look around. Here below is the simple guide to Root Honor 7X on Android Pie.
Download and Install Magisk root on your phone.
Alternatively, users can also install KingoRoot to root their Honor device.
Hope this guide was helpful to install Android 9.0 Pie firmware on Huawei Honor 7X. For any kind of queries, do feel free to comment below.