In this guide, we’ll help you download and install Android 9.0 Pie firmware update on Huawei Honor 8 Pro. It is an AOSP unofficial custom ROM developed by XDA recognized developer/contributor flex1911. So, all credits goes to him.
Google released the final version of Android 9.0 Pie to its Nexus devices starting from early August. Apart from Pixel devices, the update also released for all the devices that has been signed up for the Android P beta program including the Vivo X21, OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Mi Mix 2s, and more. Considering Huawei, it still have to announce the road-map for Android 9 Pie update to its devices. But, if you’re an Honor 8 Pro user and wanted to experience the ROM right away, here we have Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP ROM. It is a much stable ROM which can also be used as a daily driver. Users simply have to download Android Pie firmware and flash it via TWRP recovery. It is mandatory that the bootloader of your Honor 8 Pro is unlocked and there should be enough battery level to perform the flashing procedure.
To remind you, the Honor 8 Pro features a 5.7-inch display, powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. There is a 12MP shooter on the rear side with an aperture of f/2.2 accompanied by an 8MP selfie camera. It has 64GB of onboard memory which can be further extendable via microSD card. There is a 4000mAh battery on the back which is very enough to provide backup for an entire day.
- The following ROM can be installed only on Honor 8 Pro. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei/Honor smartphone which will result in a brick.
- The battery level on your device should be at least 70% to perform the flashing procedure. If not, charge it now.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data. You can check how to backup any Huawei phone.
- Unlock the bootloader of your device (Complete Guide).
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your device.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your Honor 8 Pro. Read how to install TWRP on any Huawei phone.
Disclaimer: Flashing of custom ROM voids company, sometimes also results in a brick if doesn’t executed properly. Huawei Advices is not responsible for any damaging or bricking of your Honor 8 Pro. Always, proceed at your own interest.
Download Honor 8 Pro Android 9.0 Pie Update
Honor 8 Pro Android 9 Pie based AOSP ROM – Download
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie Update on Huawei Honor 8 Pro
1. Download the Android 9.0 Pie AOSP ROM and GApps package from above links to you device internal storage.
2. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery. To do so, you need to press and hold Power + Volume down button simultaneously.
3. Once you’re in the recovery main menu, you need to perform factory reset. To do so, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe Once done, follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
4. Now you need to perform factory reset. To do so, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
5. Similarly, you need to flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps on your Huawei Honor 8 Pro.
6. Wipe cache and dalvik cache again
7. Reboot System
8. That’s it! You’re all set to enjoy the Google’s latest operating system i.e. the Android 9.0 Pie.
Root Honor 8 Pro on Android 9.0 Pie
In case, if you’re interested to Root Honor 8 Pro on Android 9.0 Pie, then there is no need to look around. Here below is the simple guide to Root Honor 8 Pro on Android Pie.
Download and Install Magisk root on your phone.
Alternatively, users can also install KingoRoot to root their Honor device.
Hope this guide was helpful to install Android 9.0 Pie firmware on Huawei Honor 8 Pro. For any kind of queries, do feel free to comment below.