Huawei has started rolling out a new firmware update to Huawei Mate 9 Pro which brings December 2018 security patch along with few bugs fixes and performance improvement. The update is pushed to the LON-L29 variant of Mate 9 Pro via OTA and brings the firmware version 126.96.36.1991. The new 250MB update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we have shared a simple guide to download & install December 2018 security update on Huawei Mate 9 Pro LON-L29.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro users can manually check for system OTA update from Settings > System > System Update > Check for Updates. If the update is available, then we recommend to download and install the same as the latest security patch keeps your device safe from Virus and Malware threats. Make sure to use a high-speed internet connection for downloading the firmware.
Without much ado, follow the below guide to download December 2018 Security Update on Huawei Mate 9 Pro LON-L29 [188.8.131.521].
Huawei Mate 9 Pro December 2018 Security Firmware Update Details –
- Device: Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- Model No: LON-L29
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
Download December 2018 Security Update 184.108.40.2061 for Huawei Mate 9 Pro [LON-L29C432B381]
- Download Update.zip
- Download Data File update_full_LON-L29_hw_eu.zip
How to install the firmware update on Huawei Mate 9 Pro
Before starting the firmware flashing procedure, it’s mandatory to fulfill the following pre-requisites. Also, download the necessary firmware files from the above download section.
- This ROM is meant to flash only on Huawei Mate 9 Pro with variant LON-L29. Don’t try to flash on any other model which may result in a brick.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from Settings.
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- There should be enough battery level on your device to finish the firmware flashing procedure.
- Perform backup of all your important data.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
In case, if you find any difficulty with the above procedure, you can choose our alternative guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
That’s the simple guide on how to install the latest firmware on Huawei Mate 9 Pro. For any queries, feel free to comment below.