Huawei has officially announced that it has successfully completed a milestone of selling more than 10 million of Huawei Mate 20 series smartphones. The Mate 20 series was first available in November 2018 and includes a total of four products, the Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, and the Mate 20 Lite. That’s means this Chinese smartphone giant has reached the milestone in just 5 months which is commendable. Today, Huawei has started rolling out a new firmware update to Huawei Mate 20 Pro [LYA-L09 / LYA-L29]. The update brings the January 2019 security patch along with regular bug fixes and performance improvements. Here we have a step-by-step guide on how to download and install EMUI 22.214.171.124 Firmware Update for Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
The latest firmware update for Huawei Mate 20 Pro brings the version EMUI 126.96.36.199 and is still based on Android 9.0 Pie OS. Initially, the update has been pushed to LYA-L09 and LYA-L29 variants of Mate 20 Pro, while more models are expected to receive in the coming days. As usual, one can receive the update via OTA in a phase-wise manner. To check the update manually, follow the path Settings > System > System Update > Check for Updates.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Model No: LYA-L09 / LYA-L29
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- EMUI Version: 9.0
- Security Patch: January 2019
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
Integrates Google security patches released in January 2019 for improved system security.
The following are pre-requisites to update Huawei Mate 20 Pro to latest firmware –
- This firmware update can be installed only on Huawei Mate 20 Pro with variant [LYA-L09 / LYA-L29]. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei model.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from Settings.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to perform backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Follow our guide on How to Backup a Huawei device.
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly. Always, proceed at your own interest.
Download January 2019 Security EMUI 188.8.131.52 Update for Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Download Update.zip
- Download Data File update_full_LYA-L29_hw_in.zip
How to Install January 2019 Security EMUI 184.108.40.206 Update on Huawei Mate 20 Pro [LYA-L09 / LYA-L29]
Method 1: Install Firmware via HuRUpdater tool
Method 2: Install Huawei Firmware via Dload
In case of you still not above to update your device to the latest firmware, then do check out this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
That’s the simple guide to download and install the January 2019 Security Update on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro. For any issues, do feel free to comment below.
You may also like –
- How to enter Recovery Mode on Huawei Mate 20 / Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro Security Tips: PIN, Pattern, Fingerprint, and Face Unlock
- How to Root Huawei Mate 20 Pro via Magisk [No TWRP Needed]
Insecure. April 26, will be released to update. I waited until 27 April. There are no alerts to update. Huawei should be honest with customers. If you know the news from huawei center is unreliable. From now on, I don’t buy the most expensive version of huawei phones. I don’t trust in the future. If I have the opportunity to use the repair service. Nothing is guaranteed to be returned on time. I wouldn’t feel proud. All my smartphone Because it is no longer the most modern version.