Honor 8X with model no JSN-L21/L22/23/L42 has started receiving a new firmware update. It brings February 2019 Security Patch on top of bugs fixes and performance improvements. In this guide, we have a complete tutorial to download and install February 2019 Security for Honor 8X manually.
The latest firmware update for Honor 8X is rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) in a phase-wise manner. So, users need to wait a few days for the update to appear on their device notification bar. Honor 8X users can also manually check for updates from the path Settings > System > System Update > Check for Updates. If you see the update, hit the download button. This will automatically download and install the firmware. Make sure to use high-speed internet connection say WiFi for downloading the update package.
To remind you, the Honor 8X was announced in September 2018 featuring a 6.5-inch FHD+ display, an Octa-Core Kirin 710 SoC, and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo-based EMUI 8.2 out-of-the-box. There are 20MP + 2MP rear camera setup and a 16MP shooter allocated at the front. It measures 160.4 x 76.6 x 7.8mm, weighs 175g and powered by a 3750mAh battery. There is a fingerprint sensor on the rear panel.
Latest Firmware Update Details:
- Device: Honor 8X
- Model No: JSN-L21 / JSN-L22/23/L42
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
- EMUI Version: 8.2
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size: 1.7GB
Integrates Google security patches released in February 2019 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei app updates, please visit the official Huawei website.
The following are pre-requisites required to update Honor 8X to latest firmware –
- This firmware update can be installed only on Honor 8X with variant [JSN-L21 / JSN-L22/23/L42]. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei model.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from Settings.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to perform backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Follow our guide on How to Backup a Huawei device.
- Ensure the battery level on your device is more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off in between the update process.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download February 2019 Security Update for Honor 8X
How to Install February 2019 Security Firmware Update on Honor 8X [JSN-L21 / JSN-L22/23/L42]
In case of you still not above to update your device to the latest firmware, then do check out this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
That’s the simple guide to download and install the January 2019 Security Update on your Honor 8X. For any issues, do feel free to comment below.