Huawei Watch users will be happy to hear that the company has started rolling out Android Wear 2.0 firmware update based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. It is available for all Huawei Watch users either they are on Android Wear 1.5 or Android Wear 2.0 Developer Preview. Here, we have shared simple guide to Download and Install Android Wear 2.0 on Huawei Watch.
Users can also manually check for the Android Wear 2.0 OTA update from Settings and then repeatedly tap on the green “system is up to date” screen to receive the update. Make sure to use WiFi connectivity for downloading the update file and disable the Bluetooth before starting the procedure. For those who can’t for the OTA update or wanted to experience the new firmware before any of their friends does, then here is the tutorial to update Huawei Watch to Android Wear 2.0 Nougat manually.
Download Android Wear 2.0 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat) Firmware for Huawei Watch
- Android Wear 1.5 to Android Wear 2.0 OTA
- Android Wear 2.0 Developer Preview to Android Wear 2.0 Firmware File
How to Install Android Wear 2.0 on Huawei Watch
1. Firstly, enable ‘USB Debugging’ option from main settings on your smartwatch.
2. Download and setup ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
3. Now you need to download Android Wear 2.0 firmware .zip file to your computer. Make sure to transfer the firmware file to ADB folder.
4. Next connect your Huawei Watch to your computer.
5. Go to ADB and Fastboot folder, and launch command window. To do so, press shift + right click anywhere in the ADB folder and choose ‘open command here’.
6. Now check your connection by entering the below command:
If your device is listed here, you can continue with the following procedure.
7. Given another command to boot your device into Bootloader mode or Fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once you’re in the bootloader mode, navigate to Reboot recovery option using the side button and select it by holding the same button.
9. Swipe right on the menu and tap on “apply update from ADB”.
10. Finally, enter the below command to start flashing Android Wear 2.0 firmware on your Huawei Watch
adb sideload File_name.zip
11. That’s it! Once done with the flashing process, the device automatically reboots into normal mode.
Note: The first boot might take up to 5 minutes to complete. So, keep patience & wait!
Now you have successfully installed Android Wear 2.0 Nougat firmware on your Huawei Watch. If you have any difficulty during or after the flashing process, do let us know in the below comments.