After sharing Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Honor 5X, today we’re back with another custom ROM dubbed as Android 7.1.1 XenonHD ROM which also brings all the Nougat features. It is a stable ROM and brings a number of customization options. Though stock firmware is always better, but custom ROMs make them at its best with addition of new features and lots of system tweaks that are not otherwise possible. So if you’re one among those Honor user who wanted to make the device most of it, then do follow the below procedure on how to update Honor 5X to Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM.
Before we actually jump to the installation process of XenonHD ROM, let’s have a look at the prerequisites needed for the upgrade.
- This tutorial works only with Huawei Honor 5X. Don’t try to install the ROM on any other Huawei model.
- Make sure TWRP Recovery is installed and phone should have root access. Do follow our simple guide on how to root and install TWRP recovery on Honor 5X.
- Bootloader should be unlocked. (Complete guide).
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings.
- The below installation process will wipe all your device data. Make sure to backup everything before starting the flashing process.
- Download & install Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to charge your device at least 75% of battery level.
Disclaimer: Huawei Advices should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process. It’s you responsible for your device.
How to Install Android 7.1.1 XenonHD Nougat on Huawei Honor 5X:
1. Download Android 7.1.1 XenonHD ROM for Honor 5X from the following link on your computer.
2. Connect the device with PC using a USB cable and copy the ROM file to the root of the phone internal storage.
3. Then turn off your mobile and disconnect from PC.
4. Boot your mobile into TWRP Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together.
5. From the recovery main menu, select ‘Wipe’ button and then Swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” to confirm.
6. Now you need to head back to recovery menu and select ‘Install’. Here you need to choose the Custom ROM file which you have saved to device storage.
7. Again perform “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
8. Installation process starts on your device. Wait till the flashing process is completed.
9. Once done, select “Reboot System”.
Note: The first boot might take up to 5 minutes. So keep patience and wait!
Congrats! Now you have Huawei Honor 5X running on Android 7.1.1 XenonHD Nougat. You can verify the firmware from the path Settings > About phone.
In case of any errors or if you face any issues during or after the update process, do let us know with the help of comments below. Also share the post with your friends on social media and let them enjoy Android Nougat firmware on their respective Honor 5X smartphones.
Has there been a review of AICP 7.1.1 rom? It’s just as stable as the rest, feature filled, and has substratum theme engine, magisk manager built in.