Latest B130 Android 6.0 Marshmallow update is now available to download for Honor 6x smartphone. The update is based on EMUI 4.1 OS and is compatible with Honor 6x BLN-L22 Asian variant. Though the company released Android 7.0 Nougat update for this smartphone, most of the users wanted to flash the stock firmware for any reason. So here we have shared detailed tutorial on how to install stock Marshmallow firmware on Honor 6x device.
- This firmware file is only for Honor 6x BLN-L22 (Asia). Don’t flash this firmware on any other model.
- Make sure your device is on stock firmware with stock recovery installed.
- The battery level on your device should be at least 70% or more in order to avoid unnecessary power-off between the flashing process.
- It will erase all your data, so it is advisable to perform backup of your phone for safer side.
B130 Marshmallow Stock ROM
How to Install B130 Stock Firmware on Honor 6x
1. Firstly, you need to download Marshmallow stock firmware from the above download section.
2. Extract the zip and obtain update.app file.
3. Go to root of your SD card and create a folder dload. You need to copy the firmware file in that folder.
4. Now you need to go to phone settings > update and press the menu button.
5. Choose Local update.
6. Here you will see the update.app file. Just tap on it to start the installation process.
7. Wait for a while as the installation process takes few minutes. Once done, reboot and start enjoying Marshmallow firmware on your Honor 6x smartphone.
1. Download Honor 6x stock rom from the above download section and extract it.
2. Create a new folder dload in the root of your SD card and place the update.app file in that folder.
3. Now turn off your device.
4. Now you need to press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” together to start the installation process.
5. Wait till the process is completed.
6. Once done, the device automatically boots into system model running on Android Marshmallow.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Stock Marshmallow firmware on your Honor 6X. If you have any queries regarding the above process, do let us know in the below comments.