Huawei Honor 8 (FRD-L09) users in the Middle Eastern countries gets new Nougat beta update with build B385. Here is the complete guide on how to install Android Nougat B385 Beta firmware on Honor 8.
Collecting back the specifications and features, the Honor 8 is company’s flagship smartphone with 5.2-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display and is powered by a Kirin 950 chipset. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out the box and has hybrid dual SIM support. The other features includes 12MP dual rear cameras, 8MP front camera, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage and a 3000mAh battery.
- The following firmware package can be installed only on Huawei Honor 8 FRD-L09. Don’t try to install on any other Android device.
- Make sure bootloader of your device is unlocked (complete guide).
- TWRP custom recovery should be installed.
- Perform complete backup of your device including photos, contacts, SMS, and app data.
- There should be at least 50% battery level on your device.
- Install USB Drivers on your computer.
How to install Android Nougat B385 Firmware on Honor 8
2. Connect the device with PC using a USB cable and copy these files to your phone storage.
3. Disconnect the USB cable and power off your device.
4. Boot into TWRP recovery mode using appropriate hardware buttons.
5. From recovery main menu, tap on “Install” and choose the update.zip package from phone storage. Confirm to start the flashing process.
6. Once done, you need to flash the second package in the same way.
7. Go back to recovery and reboot your phone normally.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Android Nougat B385 Firmware on your Honor 8 device. For any issues or difficulty, do comment below.