Huawei Honor 8 (FRD-L09) users in the Middle Eastern countries get new Nougat beta update with build B385. Here is the complete guide on how to install Android Nougat B385 Beta firmware on Honor 8.
Collecting back the specifications and features, the Honor 8 is the company’s flagship smartphone with a 5.2-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display and is powered by a Kirin 950 chipset. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out the box and has hybrid dual SIM support. The other features include 12MP dual rear cameras, an 8MP front camera, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and a 3000mAh battery.
- The following firmware package can be installed only on Huawei Honor 8 FRD-L09. Don’t try to install on any other Android device.
- Make sure the bootloader of your device is unlocked (complete guide).
- TWRP custom recovery should be installed.
- Perform a complete backup of your device including photos, contacts, SMS, and app data.
- There should be at least a 50% battery level on your device.
- Install USB Drivers on your computer.
How to install Android Nougat B385 Firmware on Honor 8
1. Download the update.zip file and cust package from the following links to your computer.
2. Connect the device with the PC using a USB cable and copy these files to your phone storage.
3. Disconnect the USB cable and power off your device.
4. Boot into TWRP recovery mode using appropriate hardware buttons.
5. From the recovery main menu, tap on “Install” and choose the update.zip package from phone storage. Confirm to start the flashing process.
6. Once done, you need to flash the second package in the same way.
7. Go back to recovery and reboot your phone normally.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Android Nougat B385 Firmware on your Honor 8 device. For any issues or difficulty, do comment below.