Honor 9 gets a new software update. Huawei has started rolling out latest Android Oreo firmware update to Honor 9. The B336a update is released only to China region with variant STF-TL10, STF-AL10 and STF-AL00. Here, we will help you to manually download and install B336a Android Oreo firmware update on Huawei Honor 9.
The B366a firmware update for Honor 9 pops-up the build number to STF-TL10C01B336a / STF-AL10C01B336a / STF-AL00C01B336a (126.96.36.1996a). Currently, the update is released via OTA in a phase-wise manner. So, it might take few days to appear on your device notification bar. Users can also manually check for update from the path Settings > About Phone > System update. If available, tap on download and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software on your device.
Coming to changelog, this update brings August 2018 Google security patches to the device and also optimizes front fingerprint navigation performance. It also brings fixes to an issue where some apps would freeze when attempts were made to return to the home screen in Landscape mode.
To remind you, the Huawei Honor 9 was announced in June last year featuring a 5.15-inch 1080p curved glass display with DCI-P3 coverage. Under the hood, there is an octa-core Huawei Kirin 960 SoC coupled with Mali G71 octa-core GPU and 4GB/6GB of RAM. It has 64GB/128GB storage options with a microSD card slot for further memory expansion. On the camera department, the Honor 9 sports a 20MP + 12MP dual rear cameras and an 8MP shooter on the front for taking selfies and other video calling purposes. A 3200mAh battery provides juice to the device.
You may also like – Download and Install 50+ Fonts / Emoji on Huawei/Honor EMUI Devices [No Root]
Official Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei Honor 9
- Model No: STF-TL10 / STF-AL10 / STF-AL00
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Oreo: 188.8.131.526a
- Firmware: B336a
- Build Number: STF-TL10C01B336a / STF-AL10C01B336a / STF-AL00C01B336a
- Region: China
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size: 1.7 GB
- This firmware can be installed only on Huawei Honor 9 with STF-TL10 / STF-AL10 models. Don’t try to install on any other Huawei/Android phone.
- Enable USB Debugging and Developer options from device settings.
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to perform backup of all your important data to a safer place.
- There should be enough battery level on your device to perform the update procedure.
- HuaweiAdvices should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download Honor 9 B336a Android Oreo Firmware
STF-TL10C01B336a – 184.108.40.2066a – China
STF-AL10C01B336a – 220.127.116.116a – China
STF-AL00C01B336a – 18.104.22.1686a – China
How to Install 22.214.171.1246a Android Oreo Firmware on Honor 9 [B336a]
First, download Update Package and unzip it. Copy the entire dload folder (with UPDATE.APP in it) to the root directory of the microSD card. Now, tap the below button for complete step-by-step flashing procedure.
Still not able to update? Then you can install the latest firmware using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder.
That’s the simple tutorial to update Huawei Honor 9 to latest B336a Android Oreo firmware. For any kind of difficulty during or after the process, do leave a comment below. We’ll get back with most possible outcomes.