Launched back in December 2016, the Honor Magic is one among the smartphone released exclusively for the Chinese market. It packs with several top-notch specs like 5.09-inch QHD 3D curved glass AMOLED display, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 950 SoC, and sports a 12-megapixels rear cameras promising brilliant image quality in low-light conditions. It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out-of-the-box with its own Honor Magic Live OS on top.
Huawei already started rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update for its Huawei and Honor series smartphone, but the Honor Magic users need to wait for a while. Just in-case if you have installed custom ROM on your Honor Magic and wanted to revert back to stock Marshmallow firmware, then here we have a guide on the same. Follow the steps carefully to install stock firmware and get eligible for latest OTA updates.
- The following guide is compatible only with Honor Magic NTS-AL00. Don’t try to flash on any other device.
- Your device must be running on stock firmware and stock recovery installed.
- It may erase all your device data, so make sure to backup everything before starting the flashing process.
- Ensure the battery level is more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the flashing process.
- Install USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Follow the steps accordingly otherwise it may end with a brick. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your Honor Magic during the flashing process. Always proceed at your own risk.
How to Install Stock Firmware on Honor Magic
There are two ways to flash stock firmware on Honor Magic smartphone. Let’s have a look on both the methods one after another –
1. Firstly, download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM from the above download section and extract the same on your computer.
2. Now create a folder dload in the root of your SD card and place the update.app file in that folder.
3. Now you need to go to phone settings > update and press the menu button.
4. Select the option Local update.
5. Here you’ll see the update.app file, confirm to start the flashing process.
6. Wait for a while till the flashing process is completed.
7. Reboot and you’ll see the device running on latest firmware.
1. Download Honor Magic stock rom and extract it on your PC.
2. Connect the device with PC using a standard usb cable and copy the update.app file. Make sure you copy the file to a new folder ‘dload’ to the root of the device SD card storage.
3. Turn off the device and press “Volume Up + Volume Down and Power Button” together.
4. The update process starts automatically.
5. Once completed, the Honor device reboots on latest version.
That’s the quick tutorial to install Android Marshmallow stock firmware on Honor Magic. If you have any queries regarding the above flashing process, do comment below.