Honor V9 DUK-AL20 users will be happy to hear that Huawei has started rolling out Android Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 update. This is an official update from Huawei where the Honor V9 users who have enrolled for beta update are currently receiving the update, while other devices soon follows. It brings several new features including Picture-in-Picture (PIP), Snoozing individual notifications, Adaptive icons, and other AI features.
Although the update is pushed via OTA, most of the Honor V9 users don’t want to wait for it and experience the firmware right away. So, here we have shared simple tutorial on how to install Android Oreo EMUI 8.0 on Honor V9.
Honor V9 Android Oreo EMUI 8.0 Download
- This guide is compatible only with Honor V9 DUK-AL20. Don’t try on any other model.
- Make sure to perform backup of your device data. This will be handy incase any data loss occurs.
- Ensure the battery level on your device is more than 50% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the update processes.
- Your Honor V9 must already be running on the stock firmware from Huawei.
- Make sure TWRP recovery is installed on your mobile.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor V9 (184.108.40.2065)
1. Firstly, you need to download all the three zip files from the above download section and transfer it to device internal storage.
2. Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode. To do so, turn off your device and then restart by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons together.
3. From recovery main menu, perform NAndroid backup of your current stock firmware.
4. Head back to recovery main menu, and choose ‘Install’. Here you need to navigate to the file named update.zip.
5. Select it and swipe at the bottom to start the installation process.
6. Similarly, you need to install update_full_DUK-AL20_all_cn.zip and update_data_full_public.zip to your device.
7. Once done, reboot your device.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed EMUI 8.0 Android 8.0 Oreo on your Honor V9. If you’ve any queries related to above tutorial, do let us know in the below comment section.