Huawei Mate 9 starts receiving Android 7.0 Nougat B156 update via OTA. It is based on Android Nougat firmware with EMUI 5.0 Official OS on top. It is a stable update and brings the security patch for the month of January this year. The firmware update is currently rolling out to European regions while the other regions will soon receive the same update. If you’re one among those users who finds difficulty in upgrading via OTA, then here we have shared complete tutorial on how to manually install Nougat B156 update on Huawei Mate 9. Without much wasting time, follow the below steps to update your smartphone.
- The following guide is compatible with Huawei Mate 9 with model numbers MHA-L09 and MHA-L29.
- Ensure a complete backup of your device has been taken. This includes backup of contacts, gallery items, text messages, and app data etc.
- The battery of the device should be 70% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off between the update process.
- Download & install Mate 9 USB drivers on your PC.
Download Nougat B156 firmware for Huawei Mate 9
Huawei Mate 9 MHA – L09:
Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29:
Disclaimer: The below guide is meant to install Nougat B156 Update on Huawei Mate 9. So, don’t try to execute the below tutorial on any Huawei device. Also, flashing firmware involves risks. We, Huawei Advices should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process. Always proceed at your own risk.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat B156 Update on Huawei Mate 9:
1. Firstly, download Nougat B156 & EU CUST based on your device model number and extract it on your computer.
2. Now you need to find “Update.app” file and copy it to the “dload” folder of your device micro SD card. If there is no dload folder, then you need to create a new folder with dload name.
3. Once the ROM is copied, disconnect the device from PC and turn it off.
4. Now you need to press and hold Vol Up + Vol Down + Power keys together for a couple of seconds.
5. This will start installation process on your mobile.
6. Wait till the flashing process is completed. Once done, reboot your device.
Note: If your device doesn’t show the B156 firmware build then flash the CUST EU zip file by the same way as Update.Zip file. [Note: before flashing CUST EU Zip file, remove the Update.zip file from dload folder]
Congratulations! You have successfully upgraded your Huawei Mate 9 smartphone to Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. For any queries, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below as we’re always there to help you out. Do share the post with your friends on social media and let them help in upgrade their respective smartphones.