Huawei Europe has released a new Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update to Huawei P10. The update is available for the VTR-L09 / VTR-L29 variants of Huawei P10 in Europe. New Oreo based EMUI 8.0 update comes with a build number VTR-L09C432B384. Check below to manually download and install Huawei P10 B384 (126.96.36.1994) Firmware Update.
The latest B384 firmware update for Huawei P10 brings January 2019 security patch along with bug fixes and performance improvements. On top of that, EMUI 8.0 also brings top features including floating Navigation dock, home screen shortcuts, Faster AI-based optimizations, enhanced protection, new settings, and more. The update is rolling out via OTA. So, Huawei P10 can manually check for OTA updates from the path Settings > About phone > System > System updates. If still the update is unavailable, then you need to wait for few more days as OTA updates are released in phase-wise manner and might take up to a week to appear on each and every handset. In case, if you don’t want to wait for the OTA and wanted to experience the firmware rightaway? Then follow the below steps to Download Huawei P10 B384 Firmware Update (188.8.131.524) (VTR-L29/VTR-L09).
To remind you, the Huawei P10 was announced in early 2017 featuring a 5.1-inch FHD LCD display, an Octa-Core Kirin 960 SoC, and a 3200mAh battery support. It has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage with option to expand up to 256GB with microSD. It runs on Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5.1 out-of-the-box. For photography, there is a 20MP + 12MP dual rear cameras and a 8MP front camera.
- Device – Huawei P10
- Model – VTR-L29/VTR-L09
- Android Version – 8.0
- EMUI Version – 8.0
- Firmware – B384
- Build Number – VTR-L29C432B384 (184.108.40.2064)/VTR-L09C432B384 (220.127.116.114)
- Region – Europe
- Status – Official
- Type – Full firmware image
- This firmware is meant to install only on Huawei P10 with VTR-L29/VTR-L09 variant. Don’t try to install on any other Huawei device.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging mode from Settings.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- You need to perform a complete backup of your device.
- Ensure the battery level on your mobile is more than 75% to execute the flashing process.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download Huawei P10 B384 January 2019 Security Firmware Update
1) Download B384 Oreo Update for Huawei P10 VTR-L29C432B384 –
2) Download B384 Oreo Update for Huawei P10 VTR-L09C432B384 –
How to Install B384 Oreo Firmware Update on Huawei P10 [VTR-L29/VTR-L09]
In case of you still not above to update your device to latest firmware, then do checkout this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
That’s the simple guide to download and install January 2019 Security Update on your Huawei P10. For any issues, do feel free to comment below.