Here we have shared a simple guide to manually download and install EMUI 9.1 firmware on Huawei P20 Lite. Earlier this year, Huawei promised to roll out the EMUI 9.1 update to at least 49 Huawei and Honor devices. As per promise, the company already started rolling out the update and the Huawei P20 Lite is the latest one to get it. The EMUI 9.1 update is released for ANE-LX1 and ANE-LX2 variants of P20 Lite.
The EMUI 9.1 update for Huawei P20 Lite is still based on Android 9 Pie. New EROFS file system, GPU Turbo 3.0, the AR Measure app, Dual-View Video along with improved performance, new wallpapers and icons are the highlights of the EMUI 9.1 OS. The latest software update for P20 Lite also brings the July 2019 Security Patch.
The update is released via OTA in a phase-wise manner. So, it might take a few days to appear on each and every handset. Users can also manually check for updates through Settings > System Update > Software update. In case, if you’re an advanced user and don’t want to wait long, then follow the below steps to flash the firmware manually. All credits go to Getdroidtips for sharing the download links.
- Device: Huawei P20 Lite
- Model No: ANE-LX1, ANE-LX2 (Global)
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- EMUI Version: 9.1
- Security Patch: July 2019
- Status: Official
- Type: Full Firmware Image
- Size: 1.3GB and higher
Download Huawei P20 Lite EMUI 9.1 Firmware with July 2019 Patch
Before we take you to the flashing tutorial, make sure to download firmware files and fulfill the following requirements:
- This firmware files can be flashed only on Huawei P20 Lite (ANE-LX1, ANE-LX2). Don’t try to install on any other model.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure you have a PC/laptop and a USB cable to establish a connection between your device and PC.
- Install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- Ensure all your important data have been successfully backup. If not, do it now.
How to Install EMUI 9.1 firmware on Huawei P20 Lite
Choose any one of the below methods for a step-by-step guide to install the latest firmware on your Huawei P20 Lite.
In case if you still not able to update, then do check out another guide: Download the latest Firmware for Huawei devices via Huawei Firmware Finder tool
I hope the above tutorial was helpful in updating your Huawei P20 Lite to EMUI 9.1 firmware. Stay tuned for more useful tips and tutorials.