Huawei P20 Lite users will be happy to hear that a new firmware update has been released by the company. The latest EMUI 8.0 update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo bringing the March 2019 Security Patch on top of regular bug fixes and performance improvements. The update is released via OTA for variants ANE-L02, ANE-L21, ANE-L03, and ANE-L23 in a phase-wise manner. So, it might take up to a week to appear on hearing and every P20 Lite handset. If you’re impatient or wanted to experience the ROM before any of your friends do, then here we have a simple guide to download and install March 2019 Security firmware update on Huawei P20 Lite.
Recently, the Huawei P20 Lite ANE-AL00 has spotted on Android 9.0 Pie on GeekBench. This could mean the OS is still under testing period and soon or later roll out as a stable update. Although, there are no details available regarding the Huawei P20 Lite Android 9.0 Pie EMUI 9.0 update release date one can expect it in the first half of 2019. To remind you, the device was announced running on Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 out-of-the-box.
Official Firmware Details:
- Device Name: Huawei P20 Lite
- Model: ANE-L02, ANE-L21, ANE-L03, and ANE-L23
- Security Patch Level: 01.03.2019
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Size : 1.7 GB
- Type: Full firmware image
- Status: Official
Integrates Google security patches released in March 2019 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website here.
The following are pre-requisites to update Huawei P20 Lite to latest firmware –
- This firmware update can be installed only on Huawei P20 Lite with variant [ANE-L02, ANE-L21, ANE-L03, ANE-L23]. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei model.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from Settings.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to perform backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Follow our guide on How to Backup a Huawei device.
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly. Always, proceed at your own interest.
Download March 2019 Security Update for Huawei P20 Lite
ANE-L21C33B147 (18.104.22.168) – Update.zip | Data File Update
How to Install March 2019 Security EMUI 8.0.0.xxx Update on Huawei P20 Lite [ANE-L02/03/21/23]
In case of you still not above to update your device to the latest firmware, then do check out this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
That’s the simple guide to download and install the March 2019 Security Update on your Huawei P20 Lite. For any issues, do feel free to comment below.