Huawei P8 Lite 2017 starts receiving an Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 firmware update. It is currently rolling out to the PRA-L03 variant in Entel, Latin America region. In this guide, we have shared a complete tutorial on how to download and install Android 8.0 Oreo EMUI 8.0 firmware on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
The latest Oreo firmware update for Huawei P8 Lite brings the version 18.104.22.1680 and bumps the build number to PRA-L03C178B360. It is rolling out via OTA and will reach each and every user in a phase-wise manner. If you’re a P8 Lite user, you can manually check for update from the path Settings > System > System Update > Check for updates. If no update shows on your device, then you need to wait a couple of days or even a week to appear on your device notification bar. It is worth important to note that Huawei doesn’t push OTA updates for devices with root access or installed any mods or recovery. To get eligible for the OTA update, users need to either unroot or flash the update manually.
Android 8.0 Oreo is Google’s latest iteration of Android version which brings several new features including New app notifications, notifications dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android instant app compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), New WiFi Features, better battery performance with Doze mode, New Icons and more.
Official Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Model No: PRA-L03
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Oreo: 22.214.171.1240
- Firmware: B360
- Build Number: PRA-L03C178B360
- Region: Latin America
- Carrier: Entel
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
- This ROM can be installed only on Huawei P8 Lite with variant PRA-L03. Don’t try to install on any other Huawei/Honor device which may end with a brick.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Download and Install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Take a complete backup of your device before flashing the firmware. This will help to restore data if any mishap occurs to your device.
- There should be enough battery level on your device to perform the update process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Disclaimer: Huawei Advices is not responsible for any damage or bricking of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly. Always, proceed at your risk.
Download Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B360 Android 8.0 Oreo EMUI 8.0 Firmware
PRA-L03C178B360 – 126.96.36.1990 – Entel, LA
Guide to Install Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B360 Oreo Firmware
Download update package from the above links to your device storage. Now you need to unzip the firmware package and transfer the entire dload folder (with UPDATE.APP in it) to the root directory of the microSD card. Now, click the below button for the step by step guide on how to flash B360 Oreo firmware on Huawei P8 Lite.
Still not able to update? Then you can check our alternative guide to update your device to latest firmware –
- Huawei Firmware Finder: Best tool to Download Latest Stock Firmware for Huawei Devices
- How to Install Official Huawei Firmware with HuRUpdater