Huawei P9 is the flagship smartphone from the Chinese giant launched at the end of last year. The Android 7.0 Nougat update for this smartphone has been announced but we don’t have the exact timeframe when it will be pushed. Hence if you can’t wait for the Nougat update and wanted to experience right away, it’s all possible via flashing third party custom ROM. Here in this post we have shared the same on how to install Stable B378 EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat on Huawei P9. The ROM was released officially on 07.Feb.2017 and has a firmware number EVA-L09C432B378.
To remind you, the Huawei P9 comes with a 5.5-inch IPS NEO LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and is powered by a 1.8GHz octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 955 processor. It has 4GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB of expandable storage, 13MP rear camera (8MP front camera), and a 3000mAh battery support.
- Before you begin with the installation process, make sure to check the model of the device and see if it is compatible.
- As the below installation wipe all your data, it is advisable to create proper backup of important files and documents.
- Ensure the battery level on your mobile is more than 75% at the time of starting the procedure. If the battery level drains out during the flashing process, you may brick your smartphone.
- Enable USB Debugging & Developer options on your Huawei P9.
- Install Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
Install Stable B378 EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat on Huawei P9
1. Firstly, you need to download the EVA-L09C432B378.zip package from the following link to your computer.
2. Extract the .zip package and obtain the “update.app” file. Now you need to copy this file to the SD card in the dload folder of your Huawei device.
3. Once done with the above step, open dial pad and type “*#*#2846579#*#*”.
4. Perform the following – Software upgrade >> SDCard upgrade >> confirm the installation.
5. Installation process begins and it takes some time to finish.
6. Once done, the device will automatically reboots into normal mode running on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
Note: The first boot might take few minutes as it has to setup all the system files. So keep patience and wait!
after i installed its asked for some kind of code to unlock the storage
what can i do?