Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 is the company’s latest pocket-friendly smartphone in the Y series. By virtue of being a budget device, the Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 is a phone you’ll find in developing markets. The device sports a beautiful 6.26-inch notch-display, HD resolution screen, and a dual-lens (13MP + 2MP) camera on the back. There is a 16MP selfie camera on the front and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. In this post, we will guide on how to manually download and install EMUI 188.8.131.52 firmware on Huawei Y7 Prime 2019.
Huawei Y7 Prime starts receiving a new Android 8.1 Oreo-based EMUI 184.108.40.206 firmware update via OTA. The update is currently pushed to variant DUB –AL20 in China and bumps the version DUB- AL20C00B155. If you’re a Huawei Y7 Prime user, then you can manually check for updates from the path Settings > About Phone > System Updates. Also, do remember that to update via OTA (Over the air), your phone must be running on a Stock version of ROM without root, mods, or even unlocked the bootloader.
The B155 firmware update for Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 adds an Emergency SOS security feature and also brings App Twin support. You can also refer below for a complete changelog overview.
Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 B155 Firmware Update Changelog –
- Adds a safety feature allowing the user to press the power button five times in a row to activate Emergency SOS.
- Adds support for App twin.
- Log in to two WeChat or QQ accounts at the same time.
Official Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei Y7 Prime 2019
- Model No: DUB-AL20
- Android OS: 8.1
- EMUI Version: 8.2
- Oreo: 220.127.116.11
- Firmware: B155
- Build Number: DUB-AL20C00B155
- Region: China
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size: 1.7 GB
Download Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 B155 Firmware Update
DUB-AL20C00B155 – 18.104.22.168 – Middle East
Download Data File update_full_DUB-AL20_all_cn.zip
- This update can be installed only on Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 with models DUB-AL20. Don’t try to install on any Huawei/Android device.
- Activate Developer Options and USB Debugging from Settings. (Complete Guide)
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers to your PC.
- You need to take backup of all your important data to a safer place.
- HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the update process. It is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Steps to Install Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 B155 Stock Firmware Update:
In case of you still not above to update your device to the latest firmware, then do check out this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder.
You may also like –
I hope the above guide was helpful in upgrading Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 to B155 Android 8.1 Oreo firmware. If any queries or feedback, please leave a comment.