Huawei already started rolling out Android 9.0 Pie-based EMUI 9.0 update to its flagship smartphones. Honor 8 Lite being a mid-range device might be unlucky to get the taste of Pie firmware. But, there is no need to worry about as here we have shared a guide to download and install Android 9.0 Pie-based AOSP ROM on Honor 8 Lite. It is a simple procedure where users need to download ROM and flash it via TWRP recovery.
To remind you, Android 9.0 Pie is Google’s 9th iteration of the mobile operating system. It brings several new features and design changes over its predecessor Android Oreo. Gesture-based navigation, New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard (Digital Wellbeing) and more are some of the highlights of Android 9.0 Pie OS.
Without much ado, follow the below steps to download and flash Android 9.0 Pie on Honor 8 Lite.
- This Android 9.0 Pie-based AOSP ROM can be installed only on Honor 8 Lite. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei / Honor smartphone.
- Make sure the battery level is more than 70%. If not, charge it now to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the flashing process.
- Ensure you have performed a backup of all your important data. This will help to restore back if any data loss occurs.
- Unlock the bootloader of your Honor 8 Lite.
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your device. Follow our guide on how to install TWRP on any Huawei / Honor phone.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROM voids company warranty. HuaweiAdvices should not be held responsible for bricking or damaging of your device.
Download Android 9.0 Pie Update for Honor 8 Lite
Android Pie based AOSP ROM – Download
Guide to install Android 9.0 Pie-based AOSP 9.0 ROM on Honor 8 Lite
1. Download the Android 9.0 Pie ROM and GApps package from the above links to your PC.
2. Connect your device with PC using a standard USB cable.
3. Transfer the ROM and GApps file to device internal storage.
4. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery mode.
5. From recovery main menu, Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik cache.
6. Now you need to follow our guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
7. Reboot system.
8. That’s it! Honor 8 Lite will automatically boots into Android 9.0 Pie firmware. Enjoy!
How to Root Honor 8 Lite on Android 9.0 Pie
In case, if you still unhappy with the Pie update and wanted to make most of it, then follow our guide on how to Root Honor phones using Magisk (One-click root).
We should not be held responsible if the above rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone. Always proceed at your own interest.
Source – XDA