Looking to update your Honor V8 to Android 9.0 Pie firmware? Then you’re at the right place. Here we have a simple guide to download and install Android 9.0 Pie based Havoc OS Pie custom ROM on Honor V8.
Havoc OS Pie ROM brings several important features like more network modes support to LTE tile, a One-handed mode in button actions, System-wide burn-in protection, Razer phone lock/unlock sounds, and more. It is a stable ROM which can be used as a daily driver. This Android Pie based Havoc OS ROM is developed by senior XDA developer member, mountaser halak, so all credits go to him. Do visit here for more information about Havoc OS ROM.
The dual-SIM Honor V8 comes with a 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) FHD 2.5D curved glass display, powered by an octa-core Kirin 955 SoC, and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS with EMUI 4.1 out of the box. It is equipped with an 8MP selfie camera and a 12MP dual rear cameras. The device features 32GB/64GB internal storage with a microSD card slot for further memory expansion. A 3500mAh battery provides juice to the device.
- This ROM is meant to flash only on Huawei Honor V8. Don’t try to install on any other Huawei smartphone which may result in a brick.
- The bootloader of your device should be unlocked. How to Unlock Huawei Bootloader
- Make sure to install TWRP custom Recovery and your device is rooted.
- Ensure the battery level is more than 75% at the time of beginning the installation procedure.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of all your important data. Check how to backup Huawei phones.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your Honor smartphone during or after the flashing procedure.
Download Honor V8 Android 9.0 Pie Update | Havoc OS Pie ROM
- Havoc OS Pie ROM for GSI ARM64 AB: Download
- Havoc OS Pie ROM for GSI ARM64 Aonly: Download
- Download official GApps for Havoc OS Pie ROM: Download
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie based Havoc OS Pie ROM on Huawei Honor V8 (GSI)
1. Download appropriate ROM files from above and extract the same to your computer.
2. Also, download Android 9.0 GApps package.
3. Now you need to transfer the ROM files as well as GApps package to device internal storage.
4. Turn off your device and boot into TWRP Recovery mode. Follow our guide on how to boot Huawei phones into TWRP mode.
5. Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the recovery home screen.
6. Next, you need to clear data, cache, Dalvik cache and system before flashing the ROM.
7. Once done, head back to recovery main menu and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Go to Install > Install Image > select system.img
8. Finally, you need to flash the GApps package just similar the way you flash custom ROM.
9. Reboot system!
That’s it! You have successfully upgraded Honor V8 to Android 9.0 Pie firmware via Havoc OS 9.0 Pie ROM.
Struck in-between the flashing process? Don’t worry! Leave a comment below and we’ll provide necessary solutions.