Huawei starts rolling out latest Security Patch i.e. the December 2018 Security update to its range of devices. Of all devices, Huawei Y6 Prime [ATU-L42] is also in the list to get this Security update. The new firmware update is still based on Android 8.1 Oreo, brings bugs fixes and performance improvement to the device. It also keep your device secure from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus. Follow the below guide to manually download and install December 2018 Security Firmware Update on Huawei Y6 Prime [ATU-L42].
The update has been rolled out via OTA (over-the-air) to all the Huawei Y6 Prime [ATU-L42] users across the globe. It is about 250MB in size and users can manually check from Settings > System > System Update > Check for Updates. In case the update is till unavailable, then you can checkout below procedure to manually download and flash on your device.
Latest Firmware Update Details:
Device: Huawei Y6 Prime 2018
Model No: ATU-L42
Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
EMUI Version: 8.2
Type: Full firmware image
Size : 1.7 GB
- Integrates Google security patches released in December 2018 for improved system security.
The following are pre-requisites required to update Huawei Y6 Prime 2018 to latest firmware –
- This firmware update can be installed only on Huawei Y6 Prime 2018 with variant ATU-L42. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei model.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from Settings.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to perform backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Follow our guide on How to Backup a Huawei device.
- Ensure the battery level on your device is more than 75% to avoid unnecessary power-off in between the update process.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download December 2018 Security Update for Huawei Y6 Prime 2018
How to Install December 2018 Security Firmware Update on Huawei Y6 Prime 2018
In case of you still not above to update your device to latest firmware, then do checkout this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
That’s the simple guide to download and install December 2018 Security Update on your Huawei Y6 Prime 2018. For any issues, do feel free to comment below.