Honor Note 8 B520 users will be happy to hear that the Huawei has started rolling out a new Android 8.0 Oreo update via OTA. The update brings the build version B520 and is pushed to EDI-AL10 models in China. In this guide, we have shared a detailed tutorial on how to download & install Huawei Honor 8 B520 Oreo update EDI-AL10C00B520.
Like previous updates, the latest firmware update for Honor Note 8 is released in a phase-wise manner. So, it might take a week or two to appear on each and every Honor Note 8 smartphone bearing model EDI-AL10. Users can also manually check for updates from the path Settings > System > System Update > Check for Updates. It is worth important to note that the company suspends OTA update for devices having root access or any mods or custom recovery installed. In this case, users need to flash stock firmware in order to get regular OTA upgrades.
Without much ado, do check out the below prerequisites and then we’ll directly take you to the guide on how to install Honor Note 8 B520 Oreo update [EDI-AL10].
Honor Note 8 B520 Update Changelog:
- Integrates Google security patches released in June 2018 for improved system security.
Honor Note 8 B520 Firmware details –
- Device: Huawei Honor Note 8
- Model No: EDI-AL10
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Oreo: 18.104.22.1680
- Firmware: B520
- Build Number: EDI-AL10C00B520
- Region: China
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
- The following firmware can be installed only on Huawei Honor Note 8 with variant EDI-AL10. Don’t try to flash on any other Huawei/Android device.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings. You can also check how to enable USB Debugging on Huawei phones.
- There should be enough battery level on your device to complete the installation process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before starting the flashing procedure.
- Download and Install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC /laptop.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the update process. Proceed at your own risk.
Download Honor Note 8 B520 Firmware
EDI-AL10C00B520 – 22.214.171.1240 – China
Download Data File update_full_EDI-AL10_all_cn.zip
Guide to Install Huawei Honor Note 8 B520 Oreo Firmware
Download update package from the above links to your device storage. Now you need to unzip the firmware package and transfer the entire dload folder (with UPDATE.APP in it) to the root directory of the microSD card. Next, refer to the below button for a step-by-step guide on how to flash B520 firmware on Honor Note 8.
Still not able to update? Then you can check our alternative guide to update your device to latest firmware –
- Huawei Firmware Finder: Best tool to Download Latest Stock Firmware for Huawei Devices
- How to Install Official Huawei Firmware with HuRUpdater