Honor View 20 users in Russia starts receiving a new Android 9.0 Pie firmware update. It brings the version 184.108.40.206 and is rolling out to the Russian Honor View 20 variant (PCT-L29). Here we have shared complete steps to manually download and install 220.127.116.11 firmware on Honor View 20.
The latest Magic UI 2.0.1 based firmware update for Honor View 20 is rolling out via OTA in a phase-wise manner. If you’re on stock firmware, then you’ll soon see update notification popping-up on the screen. It brings build number PCT-L29 18.104.22.168 and also integrates December 1, 2018 security patch to the device.
To remind you, the Honor View 20 aka Honor V20 is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 980 SoC and runs on Android 9.0 Pie based Magic UI 2.0.1 out of the box. It sports a 6.4-inch FHD+ TFT LCD display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 16.7 million colours, 91.82 percent screen-to-body ratio, and 398ppi pixel density. It has 6GB and 8GB of RAM for multitasking, while internal storage is offered at 128GB and 256GB options. The View 20 also includes a 48MP + 3D camera setup on the rear panel, and a 25MP punch-hole camera in the front.
- Device: Huawei View 20
- Model: PCT-L29
- Android: 9.0 (Pie)
- Magic UI: 2.0.1
- Firmware: 22.214.171.124
- Build Number: PCT-L29 126.96.36.199
- Custom Number: C10E1R2P1
- Security Patch Level: December 01, 2018
- Region: Russia
- Status: Official (stable)
- Type: Full firmware package
- Release Date: 15.01.2019
- Make sure you have the PCT-L29 variant of Honor View 20 that’s already running a Russian (C10) firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging from settings.
- Download and install the Honor USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure to backup everything before undergoing flashing procedure.
- Battery level on your device should be 70% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the update process.
Download Honor View 20 188.8.131.52 Pie Firmware Update
1. Download the Honor View 20 184.108.40.206 Pie update package from above and extract the same to your PC.
2. Now you need to copy the extracted dload folder to the top-level directory of your phone’s microSD card.
3. Open the phone dialer and enter *#*#2846579#*#* to open the Project Menu.
4. Next, select Software Upgrade > SDCard > Upgrade > OK.
5. Select the Update.app file to start the installation procedure.
6. Once done, the device automatically reboots to latest firmware.
I hope the above tutorial was useful in upgrading Honor View 20 to 220.127.116.11 firmware. Do comment below for any queries or issues.