Huawei Mate 9 users will be happy to hear that the company has started rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo Stable update via OTA. Alongside this, the device will also be upgraded to Huawei’s latest custom skin i.e. EMUI 8.0. The update gives a whole new experience with refreshed UI and design. Some of the highlights of Android 8.0 Oreo are new app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, better battery life with more advanced Doze mode and other performance improvements.
If you own a Huawei Mate 9, then go to Settings > About Phone > System update to check for OTA updates manually. Just in case you’ve flashed custom ROM or facing issues while updating via OTA, then here we have shared a simple tutorial to download & Install Android 8.0 Oreo EMUI 8.0 on your Huawei Mate 9 B321 device. Also Download Huawei Mate 10 Stock Themes, EMUI 8.0 Themes
Official Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei Mate 9
- Model No: MHA-L29
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Firmware: B321
- Build Number: MHA-L29C432B321/MHA-L29C636B321
- Region: Europe Asia
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- The following update process is compatible only with Huawei Mate 9 with MHA-L29. Don’t try to install on any other model.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings.
- Make sure to install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Charge your device to at least 80% to avoid unnecessary power-off during the update process.
- Perform a complete backup of your device.
Disclaimer: Huawei Advices is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the installation process which is uncertain if you follow the steps correctly.
Download 18.104.22.1681 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29C432B321 – Europe
Download 22.214.171.1241 Oreo Update for Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29C636B321 – Asia
How to Install: You can follow our step-by-step guide on how to flash firmware on Huawei Mate 9 by referring to the following link.
Already updated to Android 8.0? Then do share your thoughts in the below comment section.