It’s just a starting of January and Huawei has already started rolling out January 2019 Security updates to its range of smartphones. Recently, the company rolled this January 2019 Security firmware update to Huawei P Smart and now it’s been rolling out to Huawei P10 Plus devices. The update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo and brings regular bug fixes and performance boost along with the security patch. Google has made security updates mandatory to keep smartphones safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus. So, follow the below guide to manually download and install January 2019 Security firmware update on Huawei P10 Plus.
This firmware update is seeding to all the variants of Huawei P10 Plus across the globe via OTA in batches. So, it might take couple of days or even more to appear on each and every handset. Huawei P Smart users can also manually check for software updates from the path Settings > System > System Update > Check for Updates. In case you have rooted or installed any mods or recovery, then you may not be eligible to get the update. In this case, you need to either unroot or you can install the update manually.
To remind you, the dual-SIM Huawei P10 Plus was announced back in February 2017 featuring a 5.5-inch QHD display, Kirin 960 processor, and a 3750mAh battery. It also comes with 4GB/6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB internal storage (Expandable up to 256GB), 20MP + 12MP rear cameras, and an 8MP selfie camera.
Latest Firmware Update Details:
- Device: Huawei P10 Plus
- Model No: VKY-L09 / VKY-L29
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Security Patch: January 2019
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
- Integrates Google security patches released in January 2019 for improved system security.
- This firmware is meant to install only on Huawei P10 Plus with VKY-L09 / VKY-L29 variant. Don’t try to install on any other Huawei device.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging mode from Settings.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- You need to perform a complete backup of your device.
- Ensure the battery level on your mobile is more than 75% to execute the flashing process.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download Huawei P10 Plus January 2019 Security Firmware Update
How to Install January 2019 Security Firmware Update on Huawei P10 Plus [VKY-L09 / VKY-L29]
In case of you still not above to update your device to latest firmware, then do checkout this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
That’s the simple guide to download and install January 2019 Security Update on your Huawei P10 Plus. For any issues, do feel free to comment below.