Huawei and Honor already started recruiting EMUI 10/Magic UI 3.0 beta testers for its second batch of devices. There are a total of 8 devices in the list, Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro are among those lucky ones. Earlier this month, Huawei rolled out the EMUI 10 beta update to Huawei P30 and P30 Pro in China as well as other global countries including India. The Magic UI 3.0 beta rollout for Honor 20 and 20 Pro will also be first in China and then other countries. Check here to manually download and install EMUI 10 / Android 10 update on Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro.
Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro users applied for Magic UI 3.0 beta program will only be eligible to download the update. Rest of the users need to wait for the stable OTA update which will be happening on December 2019. Currently, the Huawei Mate 30 series smartphones are the only company devices to run on Android 10-based EMUI 10 out-of-the-box.
To remind you, the Honor 20 and 20 Pro were announced in May this year running on Android 9.0 Pie with Magic UI 2.1 on top. Since the Android 10 is a major upgrade, it brings several new features including the Magazine Design, Morandi Color, Dark Mode, Animations, and more. You can check the complete list of EMUI 10 Features here.
Without keeping you waiting, here below are the steps to download Android 10 on Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro smartphones.
How to install Android 10 Magic UI 3.0 beta update on Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro
1. Download & install the Huawei’s Friendly User Test app.
2. Launch the app and agree on the terms & conditions.
3. Log in with your Huawei ID.
4. Join the beta program by navigating to personal from the bottom tabs. Now you need to select Join Project > Available project. Here you will see the EMUI 10 beta campaign. Simply click on Sign up and you’re done!
5. If selected for beta update, you will soon see an OTA update notification on your screen.
That’s the guide to get the EMUI 10 on your Honor 20 smartphones. If you struck in-between or face any other difficulties, do feel free to comment below.