The month of January has just started and Huawei has already started rolling out the latest security patch i.e. January 2019 security to Huawei P Smart [FIG-L22 / L31, L03 / L01] along with other models. The firmware update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo OS and brings bugs fixes and performance improvements to the device. Huawei P Smart Android 9.0 Pie update is also expected very soon. In this post, we have a quick guide to manually download and install January 2019 Security firmware update on Huawei P Smart.
This firmware update is seeding to all the variants of Huawei P Smart across the globe via OTA in batches. So, it might take couple of days or even more to appear on each and every handset. Huawei P Smart users can also manually check for software updates from the path Settings > System > System Update > Check for Updates. In case you have rooted or installed any mods or recovery, then you may not be eligible to get the update. In this case, you need to either unroot or you can install the update manually.
Security updates are very essential these days as it keep your device safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus. So, without much ado follow the below steps to update Huawei P Smart to January 2019 security.
Latest Firmware Update Details:
- Device: Huawei P Smart
- Model No: FIG
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Security Patch: January 2019
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
- Integrates Google security patches released in January 2019 for improved system security.
- This firmware is meant to install only on Huawei P Smart with FIG variant. Don’t try to install on any other Huawei device.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging mode from Settings.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- You need to perform a complete backup of your device.
- Ensure the battery level on your mobile is more than 75% to execute the flashing process.
Disclaimer: HuaweiAdvices is not responsible for bricking or damaging of your device which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
Download Huawei P Smart January 2019 Security Firmware Update
How to Install January 2019 Security Firmware Update on Huawei P Smart [FIG-L22 / L31, L03 / L01]
In case of you still not above to update your device to latest firmware, then do checkout this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
That’s the simple guide to download and install January 2019 Security Update on your Huawei P Smart. For any issues, do feel free to comment below.