Download & Install TWRP recovery on Huawei/ Honor Phones: Looking to flash TWRP recovery on your Huawei EMUI smartphone, then you’re at the right place. Here, we have shared a step-by-step guide on how to flash TWRP Custom Recovery on Huawei & Honor phones.
What is TWRP Custom Recovery?
If you’re an Android user, then you might already aware of TWRP Recovery. Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to perform several tasks including flashing of third-party custom ROM’s, mods, Kernel, performs a backup, and more. In fact, the TWRP Recovery opens gates to gain root access on your Huawei device. Users cannot root their devices through stock recovery as it won’t allow you to flash the root script.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
1. You can flash Custom ROM with TWRP Recovery
2. You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
3. Easy to use Xposed Modules’
4. Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
5. You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
6. Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
7. You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
8. Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
9. To underclock and overclock.
10. You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- The following TWRP guide is compatible with each and every Huawei EMUI phone including Honor 7X, Huawei P20, Huawei P8 Lite, Mate 9, Huawei Enjoy 6, Huawei Ascend Mate 7, Honor 10, Honor Holly 3, Honor 8 Pro and more.
- There should be enough battery level on your device to perform TWRP installation process. If not, charge now and then proceed.
- Take a full backup of your device which lets you restore if any mishap occurs.
- Download & Install Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging and Developer options on your EMUI device. You can also follow our guide on how to enable USB Debugging & Developer Options on Huawei.
- Make sure bootloader of your device is unlocked. (Complete Guide)
- Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Before starting the procedure, I just want to warn you that, by doing this the phone warranty will be lost and you may also brick your device it doesn’t follow the steps accordingly.
How to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Huawei / Honor Phones
1. Download TWRP Recovery file from its official website and rename it to recovery.img and paste it inside the Fastboot folder.
2. Now you need to open a CMD window inside that folder. To do that, perform Shift + Right Click on any empty white space inside the folder and then select Open Command window here.
3. Take a USB cable and connect your device to the PC.
4. Enter the following into the command window to boot your handset into bootloader/fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
If your device asks for permission to “Allow USB Debugging”, tap OK.
5. Once your device boots into fastboot mode, type this in the command window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This command will start flashing TWRP recovery on your device.
6. Once TWRP is successfully installed, give the final command to reboot your device.
7. Now you should have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Android mobile.
Follow the guide here to boot your Huawei phone into TWRP Custom Recovery
That’s the above guide useful? Do share your thoughts in the below comments.