Huawei’s EMUI 10 update already made its way to over two dozens of Huawei and Honor smartphones across the globe. The new models to get the Android 10 support are the Honor 10 Lite and Huawei Y9 Prime 2019. Both are the company’s mid-range smartphones running on EMUI 9 (Android 9 Pie) OS out of the box. Read on for a tutorial on how to download and install the Android 10 (EMUI 10) on Honor 10 Lite (HRY-LX2, HRY-LX1MEB, HRY-AL00, HRY-LX1, TL00).
Android 10 update for Honor 10 Lite will be a great surprise for users as no one expected Honor upgrading its 2018 mid-ranger to Google’s latest operating system. Nevertheless, it’s happening for real. On the other hand, the standard Honor 10 and Honor V10 is still under the beta phase and the stable update will be happening anytime soon.
Android 10 update for Honor 10 Lite is about 3.56GB in size and bumps the version 10.0.0.159. Initially, the rollout is happening in the Indian region while it will soon expand to other global regions in the coming days.
EMUI 10 is a major update over EMUI 9.1 bringing several new features and performance improvements. Some of the highlights of the EMUI 10 includes enhanced Dark Mode, Morandi UI color system, improved security, magazine-style layout, desktop mode, and more. You can check EMUI 10 Top Features here.
How to update Honor 10 Lite to EMUI 10/Android 10
Before we take you to the upgrade process, do full-fill the following pre-requisites:
- Make sure the device is running on the latest EMUI 9.1 firmware. Users can manually check from Settings > System > Software update.
- Charge your device at least 70% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off between the update process.
- There should be sufficient storage space to install the firmware.
- Download and install the HiSuite on your PC.
- Download and install the HiCare app on your device.
- To prevent data loss, make sure you’ve backed up everything. Read how to backup a Huawei phone.
Installation: There are three different ways to upgrade your Huawei phone to the latest Android 10 OS. You can tap the below button for all the three methods. Choose the one which is more convenient to you.
Still doesn’t receive the Android 10 update? Don’t worry. You’ll soon see an update notification on your device screen. Don’t forget to share your experience if you have already received the update.