Honor 20 series smartphone users will be happy to hear that the company has revealed the release date for EMUI 10 / Magic UI 3.0 Beta update. According to the company, the Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, and Honor View 20 will start receiving the EMUI 10 Beta update in Q4 2019. Once the beta program is successfully finished, these devices will get the stable update in December this year.
Currently, the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro are the only devices upgraded to EMUI 10 Beta ROM. The main initiative of the beta program is to find out bugs if any and report the same to the developer team. These bugs and issues are sorted out before the company releases a stable update.
How to Participate in EMUI 10 Beta Program
Once the EMUI 10 beta program is announced for Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, and Honor View 20, you need to manually apply as a beta tester. Here is how you can download and join the beta program.
1. Download and install the Huawei Beta app on your smartphone.
2. Launch the app and login with your Huawei ID. You need to do this only once. If you don’t have one then you can create the ID using email or mobile number.
3. Join the beta program by navigating to personal from the bottom tabs. Now you need to select Join Project > Available project. Here you will see the EMUI 10 beta campaign. Simply click on Sign up and you’re done!
4. Once the application is successfully accepted, you’ll soon receive a HOTA update notification directly to your device.
EMUI 10 Features
The following are the new features introduced to Huawei’s EMUI 10 OS:
- App icons: EMUI 10 brings a big revolution to app icons – they are now rounder ad more animated.
- Dark Mode: As the EMUI 10 is based on Android Q, it also brings the system-wide Dark Mode. The new dark mode will also be able to extend to third party apps which are a welcome addition for those who prefer darker menus. This feature reduces strain on your eyes while operating the device in lowlight condition and saves battery.
- Better performance: EMUI 10 will be more responsive thanks to improved EROFS file system and GPU Turbo 3.0, promising faster interactions and less latency when switching through apps.
- Magazine Design: Incorporates a magazine-style layout, for a more comfortable and authentic reading experience.
- Morandi Color: Understated gray tones make for a gentler and more comfortable display.
For a complete overview of EMUI 10 Features, refer the following link.