Honor alongside the smartphones also expanding its wearable portfolio. Recently, the company has announced the Honor Band 5, the successor of last year’s Honor Band 4. The fitness band comes with a 0.95-inch AMOLED color 2.5D curved glass touch screen display, a heart rate sensor, and a 100mAh battery. Those who already own the Honor Band 5 will be happy to hear that it has started receiving a new firmware update.
The latest update for Honor Band 5 is arriving as version 22.214.171.124, up from the previous version 126.96.36.199. It is sized about 7.36MB. Make sure your Honor Band 5 is charged above 30% battery level and do maintain pairing between Honor Band 5 and your smartphone during the whole process.
Coming to the changelog, the 188.8.131.52 update for Band 4 brings support for a new global language. It also improves touch screen sensitivity and fixes the lag that occurred during navigating through Honor Band Menu.
- How to use Honor Band 5 as a camera remote for your phone
- How to Add and Change Dial Theme on Honor Band 5
How to update Honor Band 5 firmware
The following are the step-by-step guide to download and install the v184.108.40.206 firmware on Honor Band 5:
1. Firstly, pair Honor Band 5 to your smartphone via Bluetooth connection.
2. Launch the Huawei Health App.
3. Tap on Honor Band 5 symbol (paired Device) at the top right corner.
4. Select Settings > Firmware Update.
5. The latest firmware update will be automatically (if available) downloaded and installed on your Honor band.
6. Once done, tap on Finish. This will reboot your Honor Band 5 to the latest firmware version.
If you’ve any kind of queries or issues while upgrading Honor Band 5? Do feel free to let us know in the below comments. Also, check our Wearables section for more tips and tutorials.
Source – Honor