Honor after announcing the Honor Band 5 back in July, has come up with another fitness tracker dubbed as Honor Band 5i. It is the cheaper version with little improvements in the design.
Unlike all its previous bands, the Honor Band 5i features a built-in USB-A charging connector housed in the silicone strap. With this design, there is no need to carry a charge along with your if you’re traveling around. One can simply plug in the Band 5i to any regular USB-A port and charge it up.
In case, if you’ve purchased this amazing fitness tracking device and doesn’t know how to pair with your smartphone? Then don’t worry! Here we have a guide to pairing Honor Band 5i with your Android or iPhone.
Honor Band 5i – Specifications
Coming to display, the Honor Band 5i flaunts a 0.96-inch TFT color touchscreen display with a capacitive home button. The screen displays up to 30 characters and there is also a collection of 30 unique watchfaces to choose from.
The fitness band comes with a 3-axis inertial sensor, infrared light wearing detection sensor, and an optical heart rate sensor. It is also water-resistant up to 50-meters and powered by a 91mAh battery which offers up to 9 days of backup on a single charge. The Band 5i can sync with any Android 4.4 and iOS 9.0 and above devices.
In terms of connectivity, you get Bluetooth 4.2 but NFC is missing. The Honor Band 5i comes in three different color options – Coral Pink, Olive Green, and Meteorite Black.
Guide to connect Honor Band 5i with any Android or iPhone
1. Power-on your Honor Band 5i.
2. Download and install the Huawei Health app on your smartphone.
3. Open the Huawei Health app. Allow necessary permissions and enter all the necessary details.
4. Tap on the add button (+) located at the top right corner of the Huawei Health app.
5. Select Smart Band > Honor Band 5i.
6. Hit “Pair”. Your smartphone automatically searches for Honor Band 5i and shows in the list. Tap on it to continue.
7. Confirm the connection by pressing the tick on the Honor Band 5.
The Honor Band 5i is successfully paired with your Android/iOS device. Don’t forget to check our WEARABLES section for more such useful tutorials.