Honor Band 5i, the latest fitness wearable from Honor comes with Music Control function. With this, one can directly change tracks or adjust volume directly from their wrist. There is no need to carry your smartphone to every end of the house or unlock your phone every time you need to change the music. Simply enable the “Music Control” function and access all the music settings right from your Honor Band 5i. Recently, Honor Band 5 also received the same function via a firmware update (184.108.40.206).
How to set up the Honor Band 5i Music Control Function
1. Firstly pair your Honor Band 5i with your smartphone. (Complete guide)
2. Enable the ‘Music playback control’ feature on the Huawei Health app.
3. Start playing your favorite music.
4. Turn-on the Band 5i display light and swipe down to find the “Music Control”.
5. Enter into the music control interface. Once you’re there, you can do volume adjustments, song switching, pausing, and playback right from your band.
Note: The music control function works only with Android 5.0 or above devices. It doesn’t work on iOS devices.
Honor Band 5i – Specifications
Starting with the display, the Honor Band 5i flaunts a 0.96-inch TFT color touchscreen display with a capacitive home button. The screen displays up to 30 characters and there is also a collection of 30 unique watchfaces to choose from.
The fitness band comes with a 3-axis inertial sensor, infrared light wearing detection sensor, and an optical heart rate sensor. It is also water-resistant up to 50-meters and powered by a 91mAh battery which offers up to 9 days of backup on a single charge. The Band 5i can sync with any Android 4.4 and iOS 9.0 and above devices.
In terms of connectivity, you get Bluetooth 4.2 but NFC is missing. The Honor Band 5i comes in three different color options – Coral Pink, Olive Green, and Meteorite Black.
Having any queries regarding the Honor Band 5i, do leave a comment below. We’ll get back with the most possible solutions. Also, do check our WEARABLES section for more tips and tutorials.