EMUI 10 is the next major EMUI update officially announced at Huawei Developer Conference 2019 in China. This major UI refresh is based on Google’s latest Android Q OS. According to Huawei, the EMUI 10 comes with 60% improvements in GPU Turbo, over 20% improvements in EROFS ROM and brings the much-awaited system-wide Dark Mode as well as Multi-screen support. Read on for Huawei EMUI 10 update release date, eligible devices, and features.
Starting with the design, the app icons have been refreshed with EMUI 10 — they are now rounder and more animated. The new dark mode will also be able to extend to third-party apps which are a welcome addition for those who prefer darker menus. There are more clock and calendar styles as well as additional Always on Display options.
EMUI 10 will reach several Huawei and Honor smartphones, including the upcoming flagship Huawei Mate 30 that will be announced in the coming months. Meanwhile, Huawei and Honor already confirmed it’s the first batch of devices getting the EMUI 10 update. There are currently 26 devices in the list, more devices are expected to confirm in the coming weeks.
Huawei EMUI 10 Update – Eligible Devices (Confirmed)
The following are the list of Huawei smartphones officially confirmed to get the Android Q-based EMUI 10 update. The list reads:
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei P30
- Huawei P30 lite
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS PORSCHE DESIGN
- Huawei Mate 20 X (5G)
- Huawei Mate 20 Lite
- Huawei P Smart 2019
- Huawei P Smart+ 2019
- Huawei P Smart Z
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro
- Huawei Nova 5T
- Huawei Nova 4e
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei P20
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10 PORSCHE DESIGN
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019
- Huawei Nova 5
- Huawei Nova 5i
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro
Honor EMUI 10 Update – Eligible Devices (Confirmed)
The following are the Honor smartphones confirmed to get the Android Q-based EMUI 10 update:
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor 20 Lite / Honor 20i
- Honor 8X
- Honor View 20 [Honor V20]
- Honor 9X
- Honor 9X Pro
- Honor 10
- Honor View 10
- Honor 10 Lite
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor 20S
List of devices that will probably receive the EMUI 10.0 update:
- Huawei Y9 2019 (Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus)
- Huawei Y7 (2019)
- Huawei Y7 Pro (2019)
- Huawei Y7 Prime (2019)
- Huawei Nova 4
- Honor 10 GT
- Honor Note 10
- Honor 8X Max
- Honor 8C
- Honor 8A
Note: The above list of devices has yet to receive the official confirmation for EMUI 10 update. We’ll update once any of the above devices confirm for the latest EMUI update.
EMUI 10 – Release Date
At the EMUI 10 launch event, Huawei also threw light on the release date of EMUI 10 update. The company will start rolling out the EMUI 10 beta update to Huawei P30 series on September 8th and soon after the Mate 20 series smartphones will be made available for the update. The Magic UI 3.0 based on Android 10 (Q) will also roll out later for the HONOR 20, HONOR 20 PRO, HONOR V20 and HONOR Magic 2 in September.
Initially, the EMUI 10 beta update will be exclusive for the Huawei and Honor smartphones in China. Huawei still has to announce the EMUI 10 beta rollout for the global market and the stable release roadmap too.
EMUI 10 – Features
1. App icons: EMUI 10 brings a big revolution to app icons – they are now rounder ad more animated.
2. Dark Mode: As the EMUI 10 is based on Android Q, it also brings the system-wide Dark Mode. The new dark mode will also be able to extend to third party apps which are a welcome addition for those who prefer darker menus. This feature reduces strain on your eyes while operating the device in lowlight conditions and saves battery.
3. Better performance: EMUI 10 will be more responsive thanks to improved EROFS file system and GPU Turbo 3.0, promising faster interactions and less latency when switching through apps.
4. Magazine Design: Incorporates a magazine-style layout, for a more comfortable and authentic reading experience.
5. Morandi Color: Understated gray tones make for a gentler and more comfortable display.
6. HiCar Mode: Just similar to Android Auto and Apple’s CarPlay, Huawei also introduces its own HiCar Mode which allows users to pair their EMUI 10-based handset with a car and use the handset to play music, manage navigation, and even turn on the AC in advance.
According to the company, HiCar is supported by over 30 automobiles makes and it can work with over 120 car models right now.
7. Multi-screen support: EMUI 10 brings multi-screen support allowing users to access your phone’s display from your computer wirelessly. From there you’ll have access to all your phone files and seamlessly respond to messages or transfer files.
8. Always-on Display: The EMUI 10 update also brings the Always-On display feature along with more clock and calendar styles.
Huawei still doesn’t announce the complete list of EMUI 10 features. We’ll only get more details once the company starts rolling out the EMUI 10 Beta/Stable update.
EMUI 10 – Download
EMUI 10 will be released as a regular OTA update. Huawei and Honor users can go to Settings > About phone > System Updates > Check for updates to manually download and install the update (if the EMUI 10 stable update is officially released via OTA). Users can also request the update via HiCare app. As it’s a major upgrade, the size of the software package will be huge. So, make sure to download the update via Wi-Fi to save mobile data.