Alongside the final preparation of rolling out the stable EMUI 10 update for Huawei P30 and Mate 20 series, Huawei also starts recruiting Huawei Maimang 8, Maimang 7 users for EMUI 10 beta program. This is happening along with three other company devices including the Huawei Enjoy 9S, Nova 4e, and Honor 20i. This is good to see as all the devices fall under the mid-range segment and the update brings the Android 10 version.
To remind you, the Huawei Maimang 8 was announced back in June this year running on Android 9 Pie EMUI 9.0 OS. On the other hand, the Huawei Maimang 7 was made official in September last year with EMUI 8.2 (Android 8.1 Oreo) OS. Both the devices are powered by Kirin 710 SoC.
Currently, the EMUI 10 beta recruitment for Huawei Maimang 8 and Maimang 7 is happening in China only. Huawei’s closed beta program gives registered users first-hand access to test the latest EMUI features before they are commercially available.
To make yourself eligible for the program, make sure the device runs on the latest EMUI 9.1 software and there is no root access. Furthermore, there should be at least 6GB of free storage to download and install the EMUI 10 beta ROM. Also, a backup is recommended for all your important data. This will helps to restore if any data loss occurs.
Also Read: Huawei EMUI 10 Stable Update – Release Date, Eligible devices
Without much ado, check out the below step-by-step guide to apply for EMUI 10 beta update on Huawei Maimang 8 and Maimang 7 devices.
How to apply for Huawei Nova 4e EMUI 10 (Android 10) Beta update:
1. Firstly, download & install the Huawei Beta app on your device.
2. Open the app and login with your Huawei ID. Don’t have one, check here to create a new Huawei ID.
3. Accept terms and conditions.
4. Select “Personal” from the bottom bar > tap on “Join Project” > select “Available Project” and finally Sign Up.
5. Once your application is accepted, you will soon receive the EMUI 10 Beta update via OTA.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions and install the software.
The EMUI 10 update brings new features and changes in user interface including the dark mode, magazine-style UI layout, Morandi UI color system, and more. Check here for EMUI 10 top features.