Huawei Mate 10 users will be happy to hear that the stable version of Android 10 is out. Currently, the update is rolling out in the Chinese market, global users need to wait for a month or two. Here we have a simple guide to download and install the EMUI 10 (Android 10) update on Huawei Mate 10.
Announced back in October 2017, the Huawei Mate 10 comes pre-installed with the Android 8.0 Oreo with the company’s EMUI 8.0 skin on top. Later in 2018, the smartphone received the major Android 9 Pie update. Now, it’s interesting to see Huawei rolling out the latest Android 10 update for Huawei Mate 10 even though the device is more than 2 years old. This will surely make the users happy as no one would have expected the Android 10 update.
To remind you, Huawei announced the Android 10-based EMUI 10 skin at its annual developer conference held earlier this year. So, in addition to all those standard Android 10 features, the EMUI 10 also brings a few other exciting new features. This includes a new UI design with a magazine-style layout, an enhanced dark mode, Morandi UI color system, improved security, and more. It also brings a desktop mode similar to Samsung’s Dex as well as revamped icons, animations, and wallpapers.
How to download and install the EMUI 10 (Android 10) update on Huawei Mate 10
Android 10 update for Huawei Mate 10 is rolling out via OTA in a phase-wise manner. If you still don’t receive the update, check out the below pre-requisites and then we’ll directly take you to update procedure.
- The following update procedure is compatible with Huawei Mate 10 running on the latest EMUI 9.1 OS.
- Make sure to charge your device well-enough to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the update process.
- The device should not be rooted. If so, you will no longer receive any OTA updates.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and install the Huawei HiSuite on your PC.
- Install the HiCare app on your device to request the firmware update.
Installation: Tap the below button for a guide to update Huawei Mate 10 to Android 10 software.
Already received the latest EMUI 10 update? Then don’t forget to share your experience in the below comments.