Looking to upgrade Huawei Mate 10 Pro to Android 10-based EMUI 10 OS? Then you’re in the right place. Here we have a detailed guide on how to download and install EMUI 10 (Android 10) update on Huawei Mate 10 Pro [BLA-L29, BLA-AL00, BLA-L09].
Huawei Mate 10 Pro is the company’s flagship smartphone announced back in October 2017 alongside the standard Huawei Mate 10. The device runs on Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 out-of-the-box. Later in 2018, it received the Android 9 Pie firmware update with the company’s own EMUI 9.0 skin on top. Now, the Mate 10 Pro is receiving the latest Android 10 update. The update would have amazed the Mate 10 Pro users as no one would have thought Huawei rolling out the Android 10 update for over 2 years old smartphone.
Currently, the update is rolling out for the Mate 10 Pro models in China, but it won’t take much time to reach other global countries. Before we take you to the update procedure, let’s have a quick overview of the EMUI 10 features.
EMUI 10 – What’s New?
Huawei announced its latest version of EMUI custom skin, the EMUI 10 at Huawei’s Annual Developer Conference in 2019. It is based on Android 10 and brings several new features and performance improvements. Currently, the EMUI 10 comes pre-installed on the newly launched Huawei Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, Honor V30, and Honor V30 Pro. Upcoming Huawei and Honor devices in 2020 are also expected to run on EMUI 10 out-of-the-box. Here are the top features of the EMUI 10 –
1. App icons: EMUI 10 brings a big revolution to app icons – they are now rounder ad more animated.
2. Dark Mode: As the EMUI 10 is based on Android Q, it also brings the system-wide Dark Mode. The new dark mode will also be able to extend to third party apps which are a welcome addition for those who prefer darker menus. This feature reduces strain on your eyes while operating the device in lowlight conditions and saves battery.
3. Always-on-display: EMUI 10 gets an Always-on-display feature with applied major tweaks to EMUI 9. The battery indicator is now located at the top right of the display instead of the bottom, and you will be able to see currently playing music.
4. Updated Camera Interface: With EMUI 10, Huawei is making a lot of visual changes to camera interface for making it more intuitive. Now the interface is quite clean with bottom-bar shooting modes and categorized menus. You also get a new zoom slider which is quite good and a slider in the aperture mode which lets you find your sweet f-stop number.
5. Consistently Fast: Adopting the Deterministic Latency Engine, EMUI10 optimizes the allocation of system resources intelligently to accelerate the performance from the chipset level, delivering more responsive and consistent performance.
How to download and install the EMUI 10 (Android 10) update on Huawei Mate 10 Pro
Android 10 update for Huawei Mate 10 Pro is rolling out via OTA in a phase-wise manner. If you still don’t receive the update, check out the below pre-requisites and then we’ll directly take you to update procedure.
- The following update procedure is compatible with Huawei Mate 10 Pro running on the latest EMUI 9.1 OS.
- Make sure to charge your device well-enough to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the update process.
- The device should not be rooted. If so, you will no longer receive any OTA updates.
- Download and install the Huawei USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and install the Huawei HiSuite on your PC.
- Install the HiCare app on your device to request the firmware update.
Installation: Tap the below button for a guide to update Huawei Mate 10 Pro to Android 10 software.
Already received the latest EMUI 10 update? Then don’t forget to share your experience in the below comments.